A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thats good to know. Its sound like it going to be messy lol. I got the main house chores done yesterday. I might start on the geese today I need to pick the ones we keeping and the ones that go one of them I sure that goes is a goose from last years goslings she agressive and I dont care for that at all. The other three females might all stay and the extra gander wil go as well. That would bring us to four i think I am forgeting on... I have to count but either way thats the plan. I also need to grab the extra drake. And get ready to process a rabbit. Need to get ready for piglets, goat kids and rabbit kits. Lots of house to get ready again lol. The geese are confused by this fall season they mating and laying which I havent had happen before in winter. So their mating season is going on forever... Which is frustrating they are more agressive during mating with other animals and people so constantly having to adjust to their moodyness and see who they will fine with or wont me is frustrating process. I also need to grab the next set of young rooster and decide were I going to pen them up at. Might build a special thing just for them... anyways I need to weed the garden and get ready to spary the corn with Epson salt solution dang ants have gone for them... I might also use de I am going to do some research on repeling ants I know high acid food such as coffee works. But we see what happens there. I save large feed barrel of eggs using the water glassing method and have about 11 dozen in the freezer and I am still getting a dozen most of the time some days itd half a dozen but still awesome but note to self saving eggs might encourage chicken to lay all winter just to drive me nuts lol. We had a very mild season so far hoping It keeps up until harvest. But we shall see. So we have tomatos, peppers, eggplant, artichoke, cucumbers, butter nut squash , pumpkins, some corn, swiss chard, spanich, giant purple mustard greens, rosmary, mint, spearmint, basil, carrots, and cauliflower and I think thats all right now. Remember we currently in eighties and sixties at night so very mild weather right now going to get a cool front that move us in to the seventies and fifties at night. I am thinking we get a good front maybe beganing of.december but we have been known to be in the 80s on christmas day as.well so we shall see. I need to harvest the start fertilizing the soil and get ready for spring planting. But I am doing it just in case we stay longen enough mostly we hoping to be.gone before spring but who knows life happens. But we are working towards that goal.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
You're busy! I'm okay with you bragging on your weather and all the stuff you have growing still. I'm content to live vicariously through you, haha. It makes me much less tired to have you doing all the work. 😄

I hope your plans to move by spring work out. And it's great news that your business is doing so well!

GardnerHomestead

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You have such a long growing season, which sounds equally exhausting and amazing lol. Mines not short by any means but by mid october/early November im guaranteed to be done. i hear you on the goats, i have three i have no idea on the due date. super annoying. I spend way to much time staring at goat butts :lol:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay so I been sewing instead of cleaning my bad but still lol when some one gives loads of fabric you cant just leave it untouched. The blocks are for Lilian one has bells in it the other makes a crinkling noise. The dinosuar tail being model by dd1 is for ds1 and then the play cowboy vest is for ds2. I be making two more of each of the boys items so they dont fight. I also be making some other things. My friend gave me alot of fabric she had laying around and had no use for, she also gave us yarn, a water canner, coffee table, futon, and kid chairs.

Attachments

• 20201117_170929.jpg
    20201117_170929.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 20201117_170929.jpg
    20201117_170929.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 16056554741731360450201.jpg
    16056554741731360450201.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 94
  • 20201117_135225.jpg
    20201117_135225.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 93

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are providing so much in the way of "l love you" in the things you do for the kids. Reminds me of when I was little. My mom did alot of sewing and such because there wasn't alot of money.... and fabric back then was very reasonable.... I still think of the things both parents did with us and hold on to those memories when the family dynamics get all messed up now.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for your kind words.

On other news I processed two geese yesterday. One weighed8lbs 4oz ajd the other was 7 lbs 4oz they had a lot of fat which I will be rendering. I have one goose to process today and one duck. I am not as fast as some lol. I trying to decide when I want to process the one rabbit I have to do. I have five more rooster in a couple months. I am hoping to get a new incubator to increase the meat flock production. Still have eggs.coming in. Saddly my experiment with the water glass of.eggs is over I found some broken in the solution which makes me nervous to use any of the rest so I be throwing.them out. I make smaller batches next time.