A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like this farm is done for the temporary. Which i dont like one bit. But its life and life goes on. I keep trying to rememeber its not quiting its just a short time before we back on a farm and it will have our name on it. Not sure what else can be said on this.
So moving on lol.
Lucy Dd1 caught some virus no clue what but has fever and her stomach was off and on upset. And she had a head ache and been tired. So far no one else has it. However they all seem abnormally tired but that could be growth and me wearing them out mmm. Anyways besides that as some know i sold some animals have others posted and if they dont sale to the auction they go. Cant take piggies to market they expecting and same for some goats.
I'm sorry the animals are going but you should be able to save up faster for the new place with a smaller feed bill. Please don't disappear on us, we like hearing your adventures. I hope the kids feel better soon! :hugs

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty sure we gping to be just taking the goats and pigs to auction. If the rabbits dont go then i end up fatting them up and freezing them. The gesse and duck hens are on hold to go to my friends house. Need to call my other friend about the chickens and calf.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You need your own place and not a needs to be burned mobile home that is falling in around you. You have made the best of it, but that and family dynamics just get to be too much. I’m with you all the way on this decision, you gotta do what is best for that beautiful family you have. Hang in there, you will have your own place and can have animals again. Are y’all looking in any particular area?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
For now we going to rent close by so that i can have my midwife and also but we like bastrop and east texas for land. So we end up eventually in that area.plus i need to be able to harevst all those veggies in the garden lol. Gonna be working on cleaning house and going through laundry and putting toys and extra cloths in the inclosed trailer. Going to auction this weekend tp drop off goats, a friend is interested in buying the calf and chickens. Another friend is possibly interested in the pigs we see. Going to look at houses this weekend as well. The kids are outside while i putting up groceries also going to put baby down for her nap soon. I probably fill up a small pool for the older three and let them play in it while i work on the house.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
Semen will cost $25-50, and then the service which will be about the same if they don't have to travel too far.
That's a lot of money for something that is not guaranteed. We only have to pay like 2$ and where government semen is available there's just a token fee. We used to have sacrificial bulls released by the villagers as an offering to a Hindu goddess, but the tigers and leopards from the neighboring wildlife sanctuary always get them nowadays. We personally prefer natural service and believe it or not there's a caste whose job is to provide bull services to farmers.

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
There is a raw milk dairy near us, 100% Guernsey. They charge $12 per gallon and can’t keep up.

$4 per gallon isn’t worth your time. No less than $8, preferably $10 to $12 per gallon. People will buy it.

When we lived in Livingston, sometimes we went to a Jersey dairy in San Jancinto county, their milk was $8 per gallon, they used half gallon mason jars. Customer paid a deposit on the jars and had to bring them back or pay another deposit. People drove from Houston to buy their milk.

I’ve seen raw milk, dyed blue with cake coloring on Craigslist for “pet” purposes only. We all know that is a ruse to skirt the law, but it meets law requirements. You might could do that to test the market.

Wow then they are really scamming people on Buffalo's milk!!! Most of the Buffalo dairies in the US sell their milk directly to cheese companies, like the one in Colorado that is operated by Colorado Correctional Industries. I don't quite remember the name. Some like one in Maine and a certain Mr Phil Giglio of Texas sells only Buffalo milk products.

Those in California, Colorado, New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania do sell milk, but they demand a lot of money for their milk. Here's the price list of one from Pennsylvania and it's not even the most expensive.

Attachments

• sfw.panew_.jpg
    sfw.panew_.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts