A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

River Buffaloes

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Currently in New Delhi, India, originally Bihar
With baby number five on the way and dh being gone alot i thinking of cutting down on my animals. Expecially said cow. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Midwife also wants me to cut back on them. Current count is 8 dairy goatd,(three adult females two in milk, 4 kids, and a buck), 2 meat goats, the heifer, three pigs, 4 adult rabbits, 18 rabbit kits, close to fourty chickens more or less, several ducks and three geese, two cats, one dog, to toads and a box full of snails long story on snails.

You can sell the snails to your local French restaurant.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here's the price list of one from Pennsylvania and it's not even the most expensive.
:ep

I guess since it is a rare specialty product people pay a lot. They aren't even close to the NYC people that pay big money for things. I wonder how they manage to sell it.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Goat milk near us goes for 16-18 dollars a gallon. I imagine buffaloes are hard to source here.
Goats are going today about to load them and take them. The auction house is making an expection for us as they dont normally accept animals on the weekends. So thats very nice of them. Pigs will have to go to a different auction as this one doesnt take pigs. Dh wants to look at house today and around noon the cow will hopefully go. And most if not all chickens as well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

I found y’all a house and 20 acres to buy!
When you get ready to buy, look at Far East Texas, in counties along the Louisiana border. There are some deals to be found.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: Bay you should become a real estate agent.

There's a lot of potential there....about 15 acres of trees to cut!! Talk about lost kids!

The house needs some updates, much is paint, etc. That sink swirly and awful wallpaper makes you dizzy o_O And some serious yard work. But, I'd buy something like that and revamp. Not so sure about general location...that's a research thing for buyers.

Look out, I'm sure more will come.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hate packing the kids are hovering over my boxes i am going to loose my already lost mind.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score

I found y’all a house and 20 acres to buy!
When you get ready to buy, look at Far East Texas, in counties along the Louisiana border. There are some deals to be found.
Omg, Bay, if hubby ever convinces me to move out of CA, I'd love to have you help us find a house. Drooling over those 20 acres..

I hate packing the kids are hovering over my boxes i am going to loose my already lost mind.
Hang in there! :hugs Can you give them a job to distract them? Maybe "help" you pack some stuff in boxes? Or draw a picture of what's in the boxes to attach to the side?