A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Where are DH's parents in all these discussions? Why are they letting your family get shafted? How does the Aunt get to call the shots, not even telling the grandfather what they are doing? Seems like elder abuse to me. Does the Aunt have Power of Attorney or something?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found a 2 bedroom 1 bath house, needs work, on 1 1/2 acres in Groveton, Tx on Zillow. Definitely a fixer upper and small. Tried to send you a link but my computer is acting stupid. Look it up and see if it is a possibility. Groveton is a small town, good people.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't pay the aunt anything unless she has something in writing signed by all the others saying it's her land/trailer/etc. She's trying to intimidate you into paying and you'll never see a dime of it back if you pay her.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
His father could care less and doesnt and has never wanted us here. He has live here his entite life and his father(dh grandfather) asked us to move up because they couldnt get their children to help. Both aunts would say they would but never turned up and father wont even pay for garbage let alone help. They decided the land the trailer on goes to his aunt and yeah. They didnt tell grandpa because he would have lets just say he wouldnt go for it. But his grandmother knows and all she had to say was she was surprise his aunt was already being so pushy.... there alot i havent said about these people because its not okay in my book to go there. I have just had enough at this point. Dh has jumped through hoops to help his family this sunt included and yet some how this is how he gets treated and there been other times where they have treated him poorly as well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm looking for a place for you. I have found some pretty good deals, most need work, but the prices are low and y'all can get out of all the family back stabbing and drama. Take matters in your own hands. Look at these listings, tell your DH which ones you want to look at and go look. Get pre-approved for a loan before you go. Realtors like pre-approved and it lets you know what your loan amount is. Start NOW. Get out of there!

Maybe some of these are not your forever home, but a place to start. Fix one up and sell it. Then maybe you can buy a better place, more of what you want.

This has 1.77 acres, 3 bedroom doublewide

Here is a fixer upper in downtown Trinity, on a lot. No acreage. But it is priced at $59,900. You could fix it up, sell it, take the money and buy something better.

Ready to move in on almost 1 acre

Here is the best bargain I've found yet! 3 bedroom, 1800 sq ft, on almost 5 acres for $89,900. It has been on the market for less than a month, it won't last long at that price. Diboll is a nice small town outside of Lufkin

Mobile home on 1 acre for $52,000

On over 3 acres in Hemphill

On 1 acre in Pineland for $78,000 a fixer upper

On 1 acre in Jasper County

6 bedroom on 3/4 acre in Jasper, 2,842 sq ft for $59,900 A fixer upper, but great price and room for everyone

Newton county-nothing in your price range

4 bedroom, 2 bath on 2 acres with a 1/1 tiny mobile home

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now we need to get @Baymule her real estate broker liscense....

Looks like some good places to start... and then use for a rental or to resell and find bigger and better... if DH is at all handy, you really could get out and make a move and then upgrade. I realize how "bad" moving is... and you are going to have another little one to deal with... BUT.... the good thing is with home schooling you are not as tied down to schools and disruptions that way.... and you are alot younger than me. If I were able to find something around here like that I would have been moved out of the rental alot sooner....and actually would have seriously considered turning over a property for profit... and that is with even hiring some of the work done....

Please go look and see if you all can't just get out and go forward.... we all care about you and your family... and want to see you get a good leg up.....

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol he somewhat handy lol i grew up on construction sites with my dad so i tend to know how to do several kinds of repairs no where near like my fathers skills but they arent horrid lol. Kids sprouted some bell pepper seeds and they are a puting them in egg shells i buy some more buckets and soil later so they can have them. They were upset they couldnt plant them in the garden.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Get pre-approved! If you do t know where to start, pick the most likely property, call realtor and ask what you need to do. Pick the next few properties and ask the same thing.
Ask what lenders are most friendly towards self employed first time buyers.

Do NOT run your credit all over the place, it will lower your score. If you have a credit card, most offer a free peek at your credit score. Tell the realtor what it is, but be careful how you run credit with lenders.

Latest posts