A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes there were. I talked to dh he says more thrn likely we wont qualify for a loan that allows us to buy a fixer upper.... which is annoying. He been looking around and he thinks he found someone who will work with us. I just want to already be done moving lol. If we move before october we said we come stay in a hotel so i can keep my midwife BEING so close to giving birth. Thankfully half the house is already packed mostly just my sewing stuff, furniture and the things we been using that needs to get moved out once we get there gonna pack anything out i find we dont need and go from there.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I would pick out the one that suits you best and call the realtor. You may not qualify, but you could find out what you need to do to qualify for later. Realtors want to sell you a house, so might be very helpful or at least give you some pointers on what to do.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Depending on sellers situation. You may be able to get some owner finance -- even short term to make repairs -- or a recorded land contract, which is a form of owner finance with longer terms. It can be helpful or a downfall.....again, depends on sellers and their stability. We all just want to help you feel settled and appreciated! :hugs

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bought my house direct from owners.... but had to get a bank mortgage.... and the lady that did the inspection saw that the ceilings in the upstairs bedrooms need replacing as there is part of the plaster coming down from prior roof leaks..... and a few other things... and she is the one that suggested the bank I went to... said they worked with people on places that "need some work"..... So you ought to talk to the realtor... if they are listing things as a fixer upper, they may very well know lenders that will work with prospective buyers.....just like mine did.
I put down 20 % of the purchase price and they gave me a mtg...... the inspector took pictures that did not show the bad places in the ceilings.. she said that the roof problem was taken care of so it was not a structural problem... and was fixable....
It all depends on the amount you can put down... the more you can put down, the more likely they will be willing to make a loan because you have more down to make it more likely you will fix it and pay the bills because you have more invested.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am hormonal and grumpy i admit it. However i think its funny as hell dh grandparents call cows got out again and he jumps up from dinner and runs out to help... seriously were ate the future land/cow owners. Like i said i am cranky just finding it stupid and funny all at once.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay so we apparently have a possiblitly of two options to stay longer. One being a rv and moving out back with it so we can save more money. There another possiblity that we going tk get the house in a few month i tend to think i dont care at this point. Dh is keen on rv and i am okay with it. His grandparents want to get a smaller double wide put out further back because their house has to many stairs for grandpa. We shall see either way i feel abit better not being rushed to go anywhere. But still not thrilled with everything. I did find some land i really like and if we can stay i should have the money for a down payment by spring if not sooner. Plus i will have the midwife paid off and the rv hopefully paid off by then. So that works out better. However i dont know how i feel about it if they put the house and five acres in our name.... has me stressed and more on the panicky side for somereason. Dh loves that house and it needs some tlc so i know we wouldnt get rid of it but who knows. I prefer the 20 acres we looking at over the five but dh thinks we could lease land from his father so he would have ten to work with i dont know. He also fine with keeping the house and getting land else where and living on our land and having this as another place/ a place for him to stay if he working in this area. Its a larger home, three bed, 2 bath, two living rooms, two dinning rooms, a large laundry room, large kitchen and a just about completely sheetrocked in two car garage with two patios. Has gas stove and heating along with a fire place. ... i am not getting much sleep i just want things to be decided and be done. I dont do well with out knowing. But still saving as much as we can and gonna act like we moving until everything said and done. Either way i am mentally finished and emotionally done at them moment dh can deal with them i am just going to deal with the kids animals and everything i normally take care of and just breath.

Simpleterrier

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know your situation but I would move. One thing I found out early on is take care of yourselves. You can't work effectively or help others if you are downing. And u can't take care of your self if someone is balled up like a coon on a dog's head in the pond on your head. Another thing I have learned is things are things and people are people. Don't waste your time on material things especially the "this has been in the family" stuff. I am watching and waiting for similar situations around me to end they don't effect me I'm just watching. As for the family the old ones will die the the situation could get better or it could get worse. So why wait. Alot of people on here want to become self sufficient. To me that means from people as well as the gov. I'm only reliant on my wife and kids and God. And when my kids are old enough just my wife and God.