A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
might have found one online for sale for alittle more then the amount we were going to use for a down payment so that freaking cool hopefully it works out. need to add some things to make it work for us furniture wise but who the heck cares if its litterally half the price to a third the price praying it works out.

caprines.n.me

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are in TX, but in Houston there's a huge RV/motorhome lot that sells everything from really high class motorhomes to all kinds of used RV's. Friend of mine bought one there some time back.

Good luck!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
the problem we have is that his job isnt established (since its our company it has to have two good years) for two years and we dont have a history of large payments. we only have had credit cards at low levels. we dont have a history of buying new cars all the cars we have we got out right. all the housing has been rentals or this place. so nothing really on paper so there a limit to what they will allow us to get. they will allow us to get one of the smaller trailers but at the same time i find that hard to do with five kids a dog a cat and a bird non of which we can get rid of. I understand why dh wants to buy a new model but at the same time i whether spend,14,500 over 45,000. i know we have to look closely and inspect and have a older model inspected before buying but seriously at this point i still like out right buying it. he doesnt he also upset because he already started the application process and i could care less if it messed up our credit some if it means we spend a 1/3 of the money then does it matter that much. i dont know. between trying to get rid of everything here inside and outside the house and trying to think about what to buy for a house i am just having a hard time mentally along with trying to figure out paying for the midwife the rv park the rv and food and everything else with my budget and trying to get things ready for the baby i am about at my limit and i know he is as well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a lot of words for his family but I can’t say them here. I hope he is seeing them for what they really are. I am so, so sorry you are going through this.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
your not the only one. If I thought it would change anything i would allow myself to say something. but since i know it would just waste my breath no point. i save my energy for the other things that are productive. One of my friends and i have been look online for used rvs 15000 outright and have found close to twenty that look amazing from the extensive pictures and some even show things like the stove on ac on the water running and ect. i still want to look with a fine tooth comb before spending that money but i feel like its a better way to go about it over having to pay 45000 dollars for something we plan to get out of asap and have an actual home. dh finally agreed to go look at one or two so yay. going to get the chickens to my friends house tonight and she said they might be able to house the cow for awhile for us so thats awesome and she taking everything pretty much except the ducks lol. so that the only animal i need to deal with so be it. that and getting rid of all the furniture. oh and they want most of the fencing and possible some other things so that awesome makes my life a bit easier.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sincerely hope that things will work with this friend and the animals and equipment and all. Get yourselves out of there, have the baby, let your DH get his business back on track to where he is not so stressed out.... and then you can go forward from there.
I get the wanting to pay cash ..... BUT..... as you have found out... there is a downside to that. You might want to check out the place referenced to by @caprines.n.me ... and consider financing even a small portion of it. I don't like debt... but when I was buying this house, I was looking at the same thing because of not having much of a credit history. The thing that saved me was having a 30 yr track record at a job.... and being able to take out the down payment from my retirement account... but there was scant little other credit history... like you a couple of credit cards.. that I tried to pay off monthly but sometimes I took a couple of months to pay off.... Yeah, I paid interest but it also showed up as a plus on the credit report. It shows you are a responsible credit risk. Hate the system... but sometimes you have to play along.
Not to be nosy, but I am hoping that your DH is putting all his fuel and expenses on a cc and then paying it off every month rather than paying cash. Have a paper trail. And if you use a debit card.... ALWAYS run it through as a credit card and never punch in your pin anywhere. It still comes out just the same, but gives you the added benefit of being able to contest something and having it recorded as a credit sale.... gives you rights to guarantees that are expressed in case of a failure of whatever product that you buy and the company gives you any grief...
Don't delete your cash reserve down to nothing.....

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
so far doesnt look like the loan aspect is out as of right now anyways they want 20000 down now and we might be able to get close but not quite that much.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I really think that your thoughts of buying a less expensive one... USED.... is alot better idea if you are not planning to use it alot even after you find a permanent place. I would still look at used, and not tie up so much money on a new one. They lose ALOT of value once used... my parents had one in near perfect condition that they stopped using when my mom's dementia got real bad, and they lost alot when it got sold...... you would be better off getting a decent used one, from a dealer that has gone over it, and hopefully has one in good usable condition.... financing part of it, and then you could continue to build up your land purchase fund and have some recent credit on your report too.... Or else buy a private used one as you are thinking, and then start the land fund from scratch again..... but not to take on a big debt on a new one.
One other thing to think about.... and this is not meant to be critical.... you have kids.... they are not going to be easy on anything you buy. That is the nature of kids... so a NEW one is going to lose value with every little nick and scratch they make.... just a fact of life.

caprines.n.me

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Here you go:

I looked at a Gooseneck because I assumed if your husband has a hauling business he can probably accommodate a gooseneck.

It sleeps 10. Room for expansion!