A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
We trying to buy some land as well after that I am looking at cows, sheep, pigs,and bees I might be farm obsessed lol. I homeschooling our oldest Lucy, and will the other two as well as you can guess I am a stay at home mom. I also like baking lol. I try to stay busy.

:frow I just started reading your journal and I will be following!
I think we are all a little farm obsessed! I love baking as well and gardening!:)

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey rolling acres how are you? I love that aboutsites like this one it's nice finding like mind folks. Most of my family thinks I am crazy lol. Which is probably true lol but oh well I enjoy it. I haven't had a problem with my milk since we cut back on milking. Well my garden isn't weeded yet however I knocked out a quarter of it. I only got to work on it two days one day for ten minutes and today about an hour. I met some one the other day that offered to help it it she gave me her number. And of course I am some what acquired around people lol I can write my thought better then talk.... However my punctuation and grammar need work lol. Might help if I was on computer instead of a phone but whatever lol oh I possibly going to be adding three more kids to my maddness(human kids). My sister in-law needs some one to watch her kids for her through the summer and after school. I be getting paid for it so yay more money towards a house. I so can't wait

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like you will be busy, not like you haven't been busy enough. At least you will be getting paid for watching your nieces/nephews and help out your sister-in-law, a win for everyone! And hopefully soon you guys will save up enough for a house with acreage and you'll be able to get lots more animals! :)
We currently have 2 hens and 2 cows. We plan on breeding one of the heifers and I have been debating when she does calf if I want to attempt milking her. If I do it, I would have to get up extra early, milk her, then get ready for work and go to work.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol I like being busy, keeps me out of trouble. I bake to much while bored lol. I might make some brownies and cookies in a little bit not really sure through we suppose to go to church tonight so will find out if we go our not depends on these storms.

That's awesome careful with chicken fever lol I have it bad lol (22 hens, two roosters, six chicks lol). What kind of hen? And what kind of cow. I know that some cows give 12 gallons a day that's alot of milk, I was only getting a gallon and couldn't keep up I can't imagine 12.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know the mean roosters we had a few go in the freezer I learned that if you don't handle the roosters as chicks they stay away from everyone. I also have the kids chase them as they grow with sticks (the rooster never gets hit) the kids make them know who is bosy. I have friendly hens and terrified roosters. No mean animals are allowed. We have a easter egger/Leghorn rooster( named butter) and a full leghorn rooster (named popcorn) bother won't come four feet near the kids I like it that way. I never heard of that breed of cow I am going to research it now lol. My husband family has Charolais I believe.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
My son can be the pickest eater seriously...(techincally both boys are lol one hasn't a choice through lol) my two year old going through a phase. He likes chocolate (goat) milk, (sometimes) carrots, (at a restaurant only) dinosaur chicken nuggets, popcorn, fries(only from whataburger), Cheetos, and cereal (coco puffs, fuirt loops, captain crunch, corn flakes, cheers,ect), bacon I am going nutty with his eating habits...

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
For the longest time he would only eat berries, bananas, apples, green beans, corn, chicken nuggets (any kind), fries (any kind), nuts( pistachios, almonds, peanuts, pecan, cashews), corn dogs, peanut butter crackers, pretzals. He went from healthy to nothing but junk.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
For the longest time he would only eat berries, bananas, apples, green beans, corn, chicken nuggets (any kind), fries (any kind), nuts( pistachios, almonds, peanuts, pecan, cashews), corn dogs, peanut butter crackers, pretzals. He went from healthy to nothing but junk.
Kids, some of them do go through phases when it comes to food. I must say luckily my son has always been a good eater. He loves food :D.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ok at I was milking Lilly and white mucus like clumps came out I confused. Her udder is not hot (not more then normal for her body temp and a warm day). Once goat all the gunk out her milk was back to normal. I went ahead and finished her out on the boards and dumped the milk (filtered it and some clumps had got in the jar) the clumps only came out of one side so confused on that as well. What can I do to prevent this and to treat this if needed? She eating and drinking normally and seems healthly other wise and does this mean we can't drink the milk?

Latest posts