A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stella(dog) got fixed today I am about to go pick her up. So no unwanted puppies out of her one less thing to stress about. (Kinda feel guilty at the same time about fixing her but oh well). My favorite feed store started carrying selenium and vitamin e for goats so I got that and as of today they got the vitamin and pro. Paste, the selenium and e, and also the copper so hopefully for healthy kids. The tube says every thirty days what do y'all think?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh and cowboy the rooster will be processed. Turns out he just mean nothing to do with territory my two year old was just walking (in the direction away from the rooster) and he goes out of his way to attack him so yeah we suppose to have cool weather this weekend and its happening either Saturday morning or Sunday evening. Looks like lasso is now my head rooster.

MiniSilkys

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I hate mean roosters. My grandmother once had one that would attack her kids. She went and picked him up, grabbed the ax and headed for the block. The rooster saw the ax, hollered out a loud brawk, and died in her arms. Needless to say, chicken was not for supper that night.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol sounds like he had a heart attack. Thankfully non of ours have. I had dogs kill the chickens (two of our old no longer here dogs) and we wouldnt eat them, but I know people who would I am just funny. Our current pup has only killed one bird and it was also a rooster I imagine it had more play in it the actual longing for kill it she since then doesn't and hasn't tried to kill any. Poor girl has 10 days of recovery before she can go back to work. The annoying male dog on the property(unfixed) keep breaking in the yard he broke through some of my fencing the little ox. Since then my husband armed me with a paint ball gun to shoot him with. So hopefully after my husband shot atthe found near his feet yester yesterday fuffy will stay away. He one of the dogs that was my sister in law a long time ago that she left on the property.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Agreed I am glad I decided to take care of his spurs. I seem to have caught a virus. So I can't wait till I am over it. But life continues the kids are fine so far, thankfully.

Last edited: