A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went ahead and redid silver bells disbudding as her horns we're the only ones growing again. I have to admit out of all the goat chores this one I hate completely I know it's nessacary (to dangerous for my human kids) but yikes I am a wimp

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well I possibly have two of the doelings sold. Ihave some on whose goin to meet me to put a deposit down for them. Hopefully they will make it out and hoping he other two sale.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well a few things our living situation might become more permanent. My husband been talking about buying some land from his grandparents to them. we also might get to lease twelve-twenty acres next to us for two hundred a year so yay more area for the animals. It's from family his grandparents no longer want. To carry the lease. So it's exciting but we shall see what happens. I be ordering some chicks this year along with hatching some of our eggs so that's fun:celebrate. Daisy hoofs look good I left them in wrapped hopefully they will keep healing. The kids goats keep trying to nurse from either dam lol the dams aren't happy about it.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went ahead an dishudded the bucking his were about 1/4-1/2 inch long already his sister has pretty much none. I have some one coming out to look at them. Should be interesting. I need to go to the feed store and grocery store today. Josiah is sleeping in and Joshua woke up early 5am early lol. Lucy still asleep an we head out to milk. My parents are talking about coming up tomorrow so that will be fun. Part of me is excited about saling the kids but I would prefer to keep them almost but honestly not sure what I would do with all the milk and until we get more land I can't say that we could afford to feed seven goats... :confused: but oh well there always next year's kids right. An I probably would want keep every kid born lol but who wouldn't... :D

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought I was the only adult in this house who was obsessed with the goats lol my husband just told me not to sale the doelings and that we could keep them and possibly keep the buckling lol and get more does from another farm for him if needed :celebrate:celebrate:lol: .love my husband

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with putting them in their cribs, closing the door, and walking away. It is only the start of what the terrible twos are all about. Get some rest.
When my sweet daughter was about 9 months old, she had figured out that, at nap time, if she didn’t want to go to sleep, she could cry and I would pick her up. I tried everything else, to get her to sleep, so eventually, I figured out if she had a full tummy and no wet diaper and no diaper pins were poking her, the only option I had was to let her cry herself to sleep. Well, one afternoon, she was crying her eyes out. This had been going on for a while. Pretty soon, there was a knock on the door and the two neighbor kids (from upstairs) were standing there. It turned out, their grandmother (who only spoke Spanish) had sent them down to see if I was home, because she was sure I had gone out and left her there alone. I assurred them, that everything was fine, and I was just trying to get my tired/crabby baby to take a nap.

From that day on, I was afraid to let her cry, because I was afraid they would call the police and tell them I was an unfit mother. :th

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Latestarter yes he is lol he is allowing m to get 10-20 chicks plus. IncubarIn to hatch my own and we had gone sowd to two bunnies does not I have a three does and a buck lol. We started our farm with 6 chicks lol now we have chickens ducks, geese, goats and rabbits lol. Hw planning to build me a new chicken house and find up the old one. Lol he also aays when we are able I can get pigs, cows, sheep and a bee hivw he also want to expand my garden area for me lol . He extremely sweet. But has his flaws lol.
Devonvoilet yeah that's not cool. Personally peakin I Kno he woul be fine but my emotional stand point starts to become unbalanced if he cries to long I get overly stressed it's why I have learned to do alot on handed. One day he find me annoying for now I am on the need list lol.