A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i think where i am debating i trying to figure out how much meat each will give. we have four (including daisy) to process. three are 80 pounds currently and she about 150 (havent weighed thme its a rough estimate). i am figures daisy would give roughly 60lbs and the others 30lbs so roughly 170lbs of meat. not including bones for soup and dog treats. if thats the case i might need to clean my freeze out first. plus my husband will be going hog hunting and dove hunting soon so need to make plans for all that meat as well. i could always use meat or money lol. we go through (estimated) currently 1000+ pounds of meat a year. we tend to eat alot of meat. i would like to provide the majority of that but arent there yet. oh an i am under the impression the meat is similar to deer meat. is that correct? on the saling i probably have to take them to auction if i am wanting to sale them as craiglist hasnt provided any serious buys as of late.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well tomorrow we will be taking all of our goats to auction. we are looking at most likely moving and wont be able to have them. also i about to have number four in december and would like not to stress over ehen the goats are going to pop also would like to be able to focus more one my human kids then the animals between the goat(needer the chickens) and all the other chores i been struggling. they also been a argueing point between myself and hubby because as we would want to go camping or other things that require us to be gone for x amount of time we havent been able to because of the goats. we want to have fun with our kids while they are still young and like us lol. we see if we will go back to farm life (hope so i am a farm girl at heart) in five to ten years. so far i dont have to get rid of the birds or bunnies but both might end up going dependsing on the future.house.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is a whole lot easier to find a friendly neighbor to care for chickens and rabbits, than milking a goat while you are gone. If in town, ditch the roosters and just keep hens. If only going to be gone for 2 nights you can put out extra feed and water. They may be hungry and thirsty when you get home, but feed and water, they will be fine. At this point having your own home is more important than goats. You can always get your goat fix here. I was a member here for 5 years before we moved and I finally got my sheep.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are mighty welcome. I think you are wise beyond your years. You are not thinking only of yourself and right now. You are thinking beyond this year or the next, and for the good of the whole family. We know your goats mean a lot to you, but they can't hold a light next to the importance of your family. Well done.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well the goats are at the auction house they werent tp happy about it. i believe the sale tomorrow morning. the human kids handle it better my oldest did her mom is upset so i need to cry (happened before we left house i broke down got it together and left) . when we were on the way home my oldest said mom how are you going to teach me to milk goats if we dont have goats? :thi told her we might get goats one day she also asked if we could get a pig on the way home. my husband told her she was just like her mom lol no lie there we animal obessed. life goes on time for school and cleaning :idunno. tomorrow morning will be laid back.

Latest posts