A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
well the goats are at the auction house they werent tp happy about it. i believe the sale tomorrow morning. the human kids handle it better my oldest did her mom is upset so i need to cry (happened before we left house i broke down got it together and left) . when we were on the way home my oldest said mom how are you going to teach me to milk goats if we dont have goats? :thi told her we might get goats one day she also asked if we could get a pig on the way home. my husband told her she was just like her mom lol no lie there we animal obessed. life goes on time for school and cleaning :idunno. tomorrow morning will be laid back.

Good for you, I know it was hard to do...but you did it and set a good example to your children :hugs

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well its official called the auction to see if they sold or not, well all seven sold. do not know how much they brought yet but i went ahead and took down the fence that was seperating the bucks from the girls and the electric fence that kept the girls out of my coop now the geese can run around everywhere the chickens and ducks have been able to. i was kinda hoping for atleast two not to sale:hide but nope i am glad they did at the same time because it meant they looked good enough for someone to like as well.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you take an animal to an auction they are going to be sold unless they are sick or injured. You may not like the price, but auctions will sell what is brought in if there is even one bid. I do hope you got a decent price for them. Hope this helps you with both the stress and energy levels too. You will be pretty busy with another human kid to take care of so is probably for the best to take a break for a bit from the 4 legged kids.:)

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well today we started the incubator up with 44 chicken eggs. going to do a class rooms study on hatching eggs and also wanted to hatch some birds for meat. so that be good come spring to start processing. i still need to finish processing some ofthe other birds been waiting for some cooler weather. probably will start again next weekend. this weekedn we going down to my parents to help them with somethings. i am currently seven months pregnant so i guess i better hurry up and get everything ready for when we have four kids lol. i am pretty tired in the after noons if only i could nap but not going to happen oh well i settle for early bed time. constantly making school work. thinking about looking at getting ready for her next year and my sons school as well but i can only print so much so for now just saving to computer. so far looking at not using any curriculums so i currently making and seeing how that goes so far she enjoys it more and we get done fairly quick so that works all the way around.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice to hear from you :), I hope your goats did well for you at the auction.
Seems like yesterday you said you were pregnant. ..7 months already :ep....girl you need to get some rest, number four will keep you really , really busy. Take time to take care of yourself too :hugs:highfive:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
they did ok they sold for 900 and something not really sure exact amount. my husband says baised off lbs we did 6% better then his grandparents cows at the same auction.
and yeah i know i try to rest when i can but normally chasing a toddler and his crazy older siblings lol. i am due in december again this year lol. two in march and two in december lol atleast it he easier to keep track. we been organizing the house and throwing things out still have alot to do.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
ok these last few days have been hard on my poor baby girl. first a few of her fish died, then today our young buck (rabbit) charlie her bunnie died unknowb reason found seizing it wasnt that hot today either he had food abd water so no ideal what happened. the this evening i found one of her bettas dead(she had a male and female) the female was dead, along with three tetras, her pleco. :he:he. she feeds them twice a day the water as far as i know isnt a bad level. i planning to change it out tomorrow before my midwife shows and before we go to the the coast... just to make sure but seriously i have a tank of much hard to keep fish and have one thats seven years old recently the other seven year old fish died max age for the speicies i have is 10. so its not like i am horrbile with fish but this is crazy. my poor girl had 14 tetras now has four i think, one betta, two snails, and a plant in her tank.... i cant figure out whats going on.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
it's been awhile we had i think 25 eggs hatch or something like that. not to bad. i been recently keeping bust making presents for the kids including horses toys on sticks, a purse for my daughter. i be making several more gifts for them including a car carrier for the boys, drums, other musical instruments , crayon carriers, airplanes, lip gloss and a few pther small things and my husband is making them wooden guns and such. i would have to say from when i first started sewing i have gotten much better lol. the ears on the horses wont stat up and if i ever make these again i am going with the seams on the inside the one pattern i used had them on the outside not my favorite for sure. oh i also nearly finished my daughter quilt just need to put on the binding but she been using it so much that i have had the chance. its between a twin and a full size blanket. we gotten pretty cold and she has been enjoying it alot lol

Attachments

• 20191101_215943.jpg
    20191101_215943.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 178
  • 20191101_215943.jpg
    20191101_215943.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 20191031_215404.jpg
    20191031_215404.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 20191101_132459.jpg
    20191101_132459.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 184
  • 20191031_202130.jpg
    20191031_202130.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 174
  • 20191028_184424.jpg
    20191028_184424.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 172

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awwww that is great that you are sewing for your kids. It is better than store bought!