A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice job...fun stuff. You can get some stiffening fabrics at the store -- goes between 2 layer of fabric, to help those ears stand up. It's normally something you iron on, then sew. Used a lot in cuffs & collars. I used to sew most all my and my kids clothes.

Not much sewing now but hope to break out the machines for this winter to work on the stash of fabrics I have. Shameful. But some times you can't find clothes that fit as you WANT in todays market. Plus much is over priced and low quality. Then, I want to do some things for selling at various festivals & markets in the Spring. Hope I get to it. :lol:

Sewing is getting to be a lost art for the homemaker. Keep at it, as it will be a valuable tool in the long run -- as you see right now!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well lucy got her purse early lol. she was looking around the house for a bag to use for her things for church and couldn't find one. so we decide it was ok to give her it early. she is over the moon she just had to show all of her friend and now both boys want me to make the a bag lol my husband said it needs to look like its a man bag or tool bag not a girls bag lol.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i think i know exactly what your talking about lol. the boys would like them. i been collecting patterns of things from burp cloths and diapers to dresses and pants lol i have become obsessed my husband doesnt mind lol. an i agree todays clothes are cheaply made. my washer machine does not have the adgetator and yet my son underwear developed holes.... i dont use bleach or and strong chemical that would explain it. we use arm and hammer laundry soap or home made laundry soap we have lots of sensitive skin in this house. not to mention my shirts that get holes shortly after having them i gotten tired of paying for clothes that dont last.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I used to sew a lot too, have gotten away from it. A friend requested for me to make her wedding dress once, I was delighted to do so, figuring I'd really dress her up. Nope. She wanted her dress to be Mossy Oak Camo. So that's what I did, the wedding was held in a cow pasture, everyone wore camo, the preacher drove up in his logging truck, it turned out really cute. It fit her lifestyle to a T.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
okay well I figured i should post on my own thread every once in awhile lol. i guess you could say there been alot and not so much going on lol. we been reorganizing the house as some of you know. still working on that hopefully will finish this week. my husband is off all next week well technically it's the start of his 6 weeks off he wont go back till Jan 13 i think. yay for fraternity leave(i hope i spelled that correctly) he going to probably drive me nuts lol. i love him, we have differences lol i get up i am up, him it can take a hour just to get him out of bed lol. the pregnancy going fine in the since the baby and i are healthy however the fun little symptoms are driving me crazy. pelvic pressure i had in the past but muscles in my groin area screaming in pain not so much. there are times i can barely stand much less walk which is frustrating when you are the kind that cant sit still much less have three kids to chase around. I 'll say this God knew better when it came to selling my o
goats i doubt i could have handled the milking chores much less the rest of the care. i do miss having goats not that i have much time to think but when i do its something i still want again. first comes house second comes goats lol if God is willing. anyways, we looking at houses near us and taking our time to find the right one for the right price we plan to move next year if possible. Dh's job is still kinda of crazy lately they keep Laying off people and are planning to make more cut backs in other departments soon. dh wants to look else where for a job because other issues he has wirh the current management in charge of quality. he plans to look during his time off. we shall see what happens. i will just be happy if he gets day shift i am so over night shift. the kids are growing like weeds lol pretty normal there. my oldest son birthday coming up in Dec that should be fun trying to decide what to do for him. outside of homeschooling, house work, the birds, one rabbit, cats, dog, fish, and my projects i am getting kinda of stir crazy my kids and husband keep taking over my jobs and not strong me do much now that i am 9 months along the party pooper. oh well i suppose i should taking being spoiled while i can I just hate not doing much anymore says the woman who pants walking sound because someone likes being inside my ribs lol. anyways i getting to tired to type so i say good night.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
well i did it again neglecting my own thread lol. okay for those who havent heard i had my daughter on Dec 17, 2019 so no longer a mother of three but of four. Doesnt feel much different yet. I am still healing from everything but i am not the sit and heal kind of person i currently trying to get some things done(might have over done it today some life goes on). i so far just doing laundry, some cooking, some dishes and picking up some things around the house and outside wise collecting eggs, feeding the birds and pigs (use small buckets and only fees up twice) oh and I watered today. along with taking care of the four kids so yeah might have over done it... anyways. we have pigs now four one sow and three piglets that came into our yard so far they getting tame fast pretty sure one the sow is a domestic of some kind and the piglets who knows. either way we probably keep one and buy a boar and eat the others. i post more later got to go feed the baby.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
ok anyways the baby asleep two down two to go. watching a movie with them to help them to settle down. i keep debating about what to do we going house shopping next week and my oldest sons birthday next week he will be 4 😢 he growing up to fast lol. oh and of course Christmas need to finish some of the presents and wrap them cant wait. and will be baking hopefully sooner whether then later. anyways i am getting sleepy now i leave you with a cute picture. 20191220_193524.jpg