A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree, especially if it is an electric dryer. I bet he could swap that out for cheap.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
It got installed yesterday, hubby might try to fix the other so we can have two moohaha lol my mother's ideal lol. My washer has a larger tub then both dryers so i have to do half loads. We see what happens i am,just happy to have one that dries cloths at this point. They also gave a us a free dishwasher. My dad gets free appliance all the time from job sites they also have two fridges we can have they said. So far i don't need a new one. Ironically the one i currently have was one my dad also got from a job site. The wanted me to take a stove as well but the one they have is glass top and all the pan i have are cast iron and majority of the pots as Well.so far all three work great and already making my life easier.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Plus I don't think I ever mention it but I have two in cloth diapers so washer and dryer are very much needed. I love the so much easier then buying 30 dollar boxes that last a week, plus my kids have had reactions to disposable diapers in the past. We have reactions to fracgren

Attachments

• 15819504642501697466622.jpg
    15819504642501697466622.jpg
    298.3 KB · Views: 123

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Plus I don't think I ever mention it but I have two in cloth diapers so washer and dryer are very much needed. I love the so much easier then buying 30 dollar boxes that last a week, plus my kids have had reactions to disposable diapers in the past. We have reactions to fracgren

That's a diaper? Cute! Cloth diapers have come a long way since my kids were in them.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes it is lol they have inserts that go inside a pocket(top back seam not closed all the way thats the pocket that you put the inserts in). I used the old fashion kind with my oldest son, he was extremely allergic to disposable diapers and would have painful welps. So it was before i found out about these cloth version. I have been using them since my younger son got them at his baby shower they are amazing(at the time we got them my older boy was using diapers at night so i tested them on him first amaxing they didnt leak on a him so i was thrilled). Normally I wash two loads of diapers every day between the two kids. I found the on Amazon, the brand i really like is alvababy its great. they fit newborns up to 4 years olds. I really like the charcoal inserts they are very absorbent. I would refer them for everyone. As long as you wash them every other day or every night they don't have problems i have a friend who had so many she didn't have to wash but once-twice a week but hers built up to much ammonia in them. Vingar will break it down so they don't developed rashes from it. She so far had better luck with her youngest. My older diapers have need the a seam repaired where the elastic is on the back seam where you put the inserts in but outside of that they are great.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's impressive technology for cloth diapers !
When I used cloth diapers (42 years ago) they were the ones you had to fold...we also had a friend who knitted me "soakers" out of lambs wool , they were like a heavy under pants , but the lanolin in the wool kept my baby's bum rash free and they held the wetness wonderfully.

Last edited:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thats the kibd i use the first time, they were not fun lol my oldest boy could soak those without blinking and they would leak. I finally found somting to go over them but never bought enough to matter they would smell both boys urine reaks no clue why either they drink alot. Anyways that soaker sounds great my toddler could use it for training lol. He potty training some he can get it some times but other times not so much. He isn't even two yet he has plenty of time.