A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree with everyone else! You're overworked. You can't do anything for anyone else if you work yourself to death! You know - the world won't end if you don't mop your floors today. It's the weekend - take some time to enjoy your kids and animals. Do the basics - feed the children and the critters and the rest can wait. :hugs

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
So many choices apparently they aren't pure breds(not really sure i care) they a half potbelly they are bred to a kunekune boar through. There another person's saling kunekune crossed with American gueinne hog that are very friendly its had to decide both have been exposed to a boar. Both are 50 mmm its so hard to decide the also some one asking boars for 75 each or 50 for 4 or more... So hard to decide thoughts @Baymule

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just my personal opinion. You really are in no position to take on more animals with 4 kids and what you already have. You cannot give your kids the time and energy they deserve with taking on more animals. Especially since you have taken on the job of trying to line up loads for his trucking business. None of these jobs will get done properly because each is a full time job in and of its self. You need to have less outside chores and more time to take care of the children. They are too young to be left alone at all, and none of them are old enough to be babysitters for the younger ones.
Continuing to add to your responsibilities is going to burn you out at the least, and could lead to some real disaster at most; because you are one person and can only be in so many places at the same time. You and your husband need to sit down and have a real serious discussion. Trying to be in too many places at the same time, trying to juggle too many jobs at the same time, is a recipe for disaster and your kids are going to suffer. If one of the kids get hurt, or takes off out the door when you are dealing with another of the kids, you are going to set yourself up for a real problem. The kids need to be your first priority.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If I get this right, 1 is Kune Kune Crossed with a pot belly, the other one is Kune Kune crossed with American Guinea Hog. Both are bred to a Kune Kune.

That is why they are $50. They are mutts. Their piglets will be mutts. Mutts don't bring the price that purebreds do. So selling their piglets will not be what you thought it would.

@farmerjan just pointed out a VERY good point. Taking on more animals at this point would not be a good idea. You are at the end of your rope now as it is. You need to sit down and write down in order what is the most important to you. #1 is ? #2 and so on until you reach the end of your list. What is at the end of the list is not what is most important, so maybe you can do without it. Or maybe like @frustratedearthmother said, skip mopping the floor, the world won't end.

You have friends here, we love you and want what is best for you. It is time to take a step back and look things over from a 3rd person point of view. Take a good look at things, you can't keep this up!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
:th Thank yall for your honestly we didn't get them today and since i been debating on it. I appreciate that yall and yall friendship.
It's bad that,when I first typed this message i thought i was on this thread but was in a private message to bay instead

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not to butt in, but I just sold a bunch of ducks because I realized that I needed to cut something out before we got more pigs. Is there anything you can downsize if you want/need the pigs so much?

Latest posts