A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
If y'all didn't think i was weird before your gonna think it now lol. Okay so i was taking a nice hot shower took abit of a long one my mistake. I left the three kids in the living room playing and watching tv. I get out head to my bedroom and pass the trash can i look in it(I have to regular to make sure someone doesn't throw things away) and what should I fine but all the oranges in the trash.... a apparently because two of the oranges went bad some one (oldest claims it was the 2 year old after i asked why she let him she said i didn't know he was doing that then how do you know it was him i ask anyways not the point must focus) decided to throw the other twenty ish oranges a way as well so i now have put all the oranges that were fine next to the sick to be washed. Where the nanny oh wait that's me never mind.

Attachments

• 20200401_120601.jpg
    20200401_120601.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 93

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kids! I all too often find one or more bad oranges or clementines in a bag. Best to TRY to check for soft spots at the store but once home I always take them out of the bag and put them in a bowl after checking them individually. Once one starts to go bad you can smell it. Find that and get rid of it fast!

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
i probably never mention this (if i did i forgot) but my oldest boy who four has refused to talk for the most part. Every once in awhile he say something but most Its baby talk. He uses hand signals and some words to communicate. He use to talk when he was two but once I got pregnant he regressed and made small improvements and then i got pregnant again and you know he still been improving some but not much. Anyways he been making lots of progress learning how to sound out letters during school(homeschool) and well today he sounded out baby correctly. He been getting better and better at it i am so proud of him. He doesn't have any reason not to talk, he just never wanted to. His sister would talk for him and I could easily understand him. Even when i pretend that i didn't he refused to talk. He can hear and he can say words like granola, vanilla, brother, car, take, rock, egg, ball. He just doesn't want to drives us crazy. But he slowly deciding he wants to i am over the moon. :celebrate

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
i probably never mention this (if i did i forgot) but my oldest boy who four has refused to talk for the most part. Every once in awhile he say something but most Its baby talk. He uses hand signals and some words to communicate. He use to talk when he was two but once I got pregnant he regressed and made small improvements and then i got pregnant again and you know he still been improving some but not much. Anyways he been making lots of progress learning how to sound out letters during school(homeschool) and well today he sounded out baby correctly. He been getting better and better at it i am so proud of him. He doesn't have any reason not to talk, he just never wanted to. His sister would talk for him and I could easily understand him. Even when i pretend that i didn't he refused to talk. He can hear and he can say words like granola, vanilla, brother, car, take, rock, egg, ball. He just doesn't want to drives us crazy. But he slowly deciding he wants to i am over the moon. :celebrate
Like the lady whose 6 year old son had never spoken a word. Then she discovered one morning that she was out of grits, and gave him cream of wheat instead. He suddenly said "This tastes like crap!" Amazed, she said "ok, I'll fix it tomorrow, but if you've been able to talk all along, how come you never spoke before?"
He said "Well, up to now everything's been OK."

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay so in i believe november or December my dh and dd1 found a horn worm caterpillar also called a tomato worm and decided we just had to watch it grow and change. So i did some research and found out it would hypernate through the winter and pop out of the cocoon some time in spring. Well I was vacuuming her room when i noticed it had come out and the kids got all excited to see it. We let it go outside and pretty much nearly got eaten off the bat by some blue jays so i had to chase them off before i had a preschooler crying lol. So the moth made it for now lol here two pictures I took.

Attachments

• 20200402_163312.jpg
    20200402_163312.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 20200402_163324.jpg
    20200402_163324.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 87

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I suspect tomato plants are already growing in your area, that moth will lay eggs on them and then you get to look for more hornworms before they kill the tomatoes.

You could have explained that all life (other than humans) is food for something else. Those blue jays need to eat too ;)

Latest posts