A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got the rabbit cages cleaned and kits sexed i think we only got two boys this time so now out of seven that lives 5 does :ep:th that means i need eight more hitches atleast. I plan to keep the and rebreed to dad and then go from there most for meat. So i might actually need 10 new houses for current doe and dad ad well then grow out pen mmm..... dh is going to flip lol but he loves me and my craziness lol. Next year it be goats and also gonna get a boar so piglets to lol moohaha. Almost a years time little lady the calf will be 15 months and ready to breed need a plan for that as well. :D =D i might have to much fun with this. Oh I got free math books for homeschooling total savings is about 400 i think because i got 1st, 3rd,4th,oh and kindergarten and a craft book a bible study book. I love free things. Next year Lucy will be in 3rd (we don't follow regular school schedule i prefer having november and December off instead of summer plus we do school year round for the most part), Joshua will be kindergarten at some point so far he likes preschool not quite ready yet and josiah will be preschool along with Lilian. Very loose preschool lol. Just something to make them feel included. Lucy wants to learn to sew and ect so starting that fun lol. She gonna drive me nuts lol. Got to get school done see yall laters.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I need to go fabric shopping and get yarn as well getting ready for Christmas need to make the kids gifts. And some for extended family.
Sure wish TX wasn't so far away. I got abt 500 lbs of cloth left by my Mom. Just sitting there (taking up space). During early Covid mask making days, ppl were going crazy for elastic. Bet I got 20lbs in a drawer.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Lol that is a shame lol guess you better learn to sew lol :lol::tongue
Oh, I know HOW....I made this quilt. I JUST DON'T WANT TO!
20200521_220404_Burst01.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:he:he:barnieokay called around in April to get pricing for the pigs to be butchered was told they would and pricing but they said no appointment needed. Now telling me they no longer process and one over an hr away does but wants .95lb and 50 dollar for pigs. The kill fee normal but oh no on the per pound fee thats .30 cents more per pound and they booked till end of august. Waiting for one more to get back with me but frustration is mounting.

Oh Boo-Hoo! Let me play my tiny little violin for you! .95 per pound and $50 kill fee ain't bad. Booking till end of August is unheard of around here. Slaughter places are booking into NEXT YEAR. I learned the hard way to book slaughter when I got my animals or when they are born. It is paying off now! With the Covid-19 all of a sudden EVERYBODY WANTS TO BE A FARMER. I had my lambs booked for slaughter since January. We took them yesterday. We got feeder pigs February 6, and I booked them for August 24. I sure am glad now that I did that. They charge $65 kill fee and $1.05 per pound for vacuum seal. We bought a calf, when the pigs go out, we will bring the calf in. When we took the lambs in, I tried to book the calf for next March, but they were already booked into May of 2021! When we got in the truck, I called another place an hour away and got a date in March of 2021, as they were booking in March already. I didn't even ask what they charge. It is freaking CRAZY here!

Latest posts