A Jesusfreaks tales of farm life with soon to be Six kids

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
So today was fun (sarcasm) my husband went to take a load and then he calls me cause the truck broke down. well i get out there and after awhile he decides that i am going to drive the truck as he tows it back home. I have never driven a trailer and its hooked to a forty foot trailer load on a major highway access road that we have to go over a small over pass. so we get that home after i near have a panic attack between terrified i was going to run in to the yukon he using to tow it with my babies in it to the fact i am steering a large trailer with a truck with no power steering and a hand brake. then about a hr later after he thinks that it running right. (sounded good and stopped acting up) he takes the load a hr away almost to the drop off point and calls me cause it died again. so we load up and head out there stop by an auto store get the parts and head to meet him at the gasstation he parked at. get there and he starts working on it. gets that done works great heads to drop off we head home. about 15 minutes from home he calls to tell me its not acting right again. But he wants me to keep going and he would call if we were needed. well get the kids all unloaded get baby girls diaper change start breastfeeding then he calls (at this point i really dont want to answer because i am worried we have to go again) i answer and he broke down again. well he ended up calling one of our church friends and he going out there to help him and if the dang thing doesnt act right they gonna load it up on our trailer and tow the thing home using our friends truck(thankfully they have a truck with goose neck capabilties) I am so thankful for great friends. Cause honestly dragging four kids under 7 around in a car all day was not my ideal of fun. so i got nothing done but helping hubby which isnt bad just leaves alot of work at home for me is all.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Make sure that the fuel pump is working right, and change the fuel filter. Even if it seems clean they just can cause sooooo many problems. Sure hope that he gets it figured out and back on the road.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not a rant but i am curious if anyone else feels this way. Ok so i decide to cut some hens and I prefer to sale so i posted on craisglist. Well so far three have asked about them one wanted 50 birds don't have enough for that lol. So he says he will take 15. Another possibly wants the geese and three hens and another might want some as well. I can't sale all my birds. I am having a hard time i feel like if i advertise the birds and talk to some one i should follow through with the sale of the agreed amount. And I feel like its kind of silly at the same time because two said Friday and one hasn't said and two have told me the amount and one hasnt.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I guess it bugs me because it's my word in question..
You need to be clear on how many you want to sell and be firm on your price...selling on CL makes you get random idiots calling or texting and asking for everything for free........you have the product they want, be sure to get your price....think of it as a business transaction, these people are not your friends........first come, first served, don't hold anything unless you get a nonrefundable deposit.
......saysthe woman with CL selling experience ;):highfive: