A Late Hello

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hey, I forgot to do this when I joined like 2 months ago so... Hi, BYH! Just thought I would tell you a bit about myself.

I'm an animal lover.

My family has 11 cattle (8 Scottish Highlanders, 1 Irish Dexter, and 2 of a cross between the 2 breeds)(Copper, Vi, Cinnamon, a no-namer, Dominion, Choc, Zenniah, Marigold, Cookie, Nightwing, and another no-namer), 2 mini quarter horse geldings (a paint, pinto, or leopard appaloosa named Bugs, and a sorrel named Squirt), 2 quarter horse geldings (a palomino named Quincy, and a cremello named Casper), a Holland Lop named Jumping Jack, a chinchilla named Pedro, a Leopard Gecko named Squirmy, a Black Labrador named Gunner, a Nigerian Dwarf goat doe named Snickerdoodle, a Pygmy goat wether named Jimmy, 10 hens (Muffy, Amber, Betty, Aretha, Midnight, Speckles, April, Indy, Peep, and Pearl), 3 cats (Tiggy, Cowboy, Frisky, and Blueberry), a little brother whose name I don't feel comfortable with giving out, and a rock named Rocky.

I had another rock named Phil, but I gave him to somebody else.

I like DIY projects, mostly for my pets or myself, until they're started by my mom or done by my mom.

I am writing a novel and a pet food/treat cookbook. Speaking of the cookbook, do goats like Craisins, Cheerios, and Peanut Butter, and can they eat it?

I like to talk a lot (as seen with this longest late intro ever).

I like to make friends.

I like to watch comedy movies.

I like art (I do mostly cartoons and animated art).

I like to work, play, hang out, and chill.

I don't think Pygmy goats are meant for meat, as shown as a reply in somebody's post about Pygmy goats for meat.

I don't believe in dog euthanization unless for aggression reasons or medical reasons.

I don't believe in horsemeat or how they make glue.

I like hearing about other people's opinions, problems involving animals, and feelings.

I love BYH.

I don't like sharks.

My dad farms hay and cattle, all as a hobby. I help him a lot. We also have an equestrian center.

I volunteer at a pet resort and also have a dog walking business.

I probably watch too much TV.

I understand that most of this stuff you won't find useful at all. I just like expressing myself.

I don't know what the fruit I want to be when I grow up. I'm pointing towards somebody who works from home, a vet, or a zoo/wildlife refuge worker.

I want to adopt a MWD.

Okay, thanks for reading. Bye!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice to know a bit more about you!
A great job is being a Vet Tech or a Veterinary Assistant. It costs WAY less time and money than becoming a Veterinarian...plus you get to spend a lot more time with the animals than vets do.
I got certified online when I was 16, did my externship for 3 months then got a job right away at a nice clinic.
It's a job of many emotions though...and you have to be good at keeping your emotions in check ;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t know about holding emotions back, when we had to put down Sheepalicious for a ruptured pre-pubic tendon, I was bawling, my husband was crying and we had the whole staff crying too. One of those girls still recognizes me and will remember that day whenever she sees me and she doesn’t even work there anymore. I guess I made an impression.

Sometimes a hug goes a long way.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t know about holding emotions back, when we had to put down Sheepalicious for a ruptured pre-pubic tendon, I was bawling, my husband was crying and we had the whole staff crying too. One of those girls still recognizes me and will remember that day whenever she sees me and she doesn’t even work there anymore. I guess I made an impression.

Sometimes a hug goes a long way.
I'm sorry about Sheepalicious :(
I was thinking more of when people are angry or you disagree with them on their decisions. Someone brought in a Doberman puppy once for an ear crop...this puppy had deformed-looking hind legs and couldn't walk right. We did x-rays and the only thing that could fix it was surgery.
The owners abandoned her at the clinic and we all pitched in to pay for her surgery. And we found her a great new home.

Then people who decide to euthanize a dog because it doesn't get along with their other dog, and they don't want anyone else to have it so they put it down. You just can't always react the way you want to.
I do cry during all the euthanasia's...it's impossible not to although some of my coworkers can get through it with no problem.
One lady had a home burial for her dog and she asked if i'd come, I did and she had a beautiful celebration of life for her dog. I thought it was the sweetest thing.

There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes but you just have to keep your cool.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don't care for sharks either. Glad you are here. I hope you keep us posted on your progress with the search for MWD. Those soldiers need a good retirement home with lots of love and treats and it sounds like you would be perfect.

MiniGoatsRule

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks! The reason I do not like sharks is that they say horses, deer, and dogs kill more things in general per year. That could see reasonable if it were humans