A light in the Darkness

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
As many of BYH'ers know we lost our only mature ewe to lambing difficulties last week. Our small ewe also lost her triplets. Being on a farm we understand loss is a part of the deal, but I had been documenting her every step for five months straight. So this was harder than ever expected..

But amidst all this sorrow there is a glimmer of hope, today we are going to pick up a Ewe and her lamb. The lamb is a beautiful caramel colored ewe lamb and the mother is a creamy/white colored ewe. Both are wool shepp and Yes there will be pictures..

Thanks to everyone who have supported me through all of this. It hasnt been easy but it makes it better for having all this support :hugs:hugs:hugs

Chytka

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about ewe and lambs! Losing animals is never fun.:(

So exciting about the new sheep though! I'm very glad for you. :hugs

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love love love, our new girls! :love:love:love

But sadly no pictures, today :rolleyes: .. Lily seemed nervous but they are all in a stall together so they will bond.

Getting the girls home was fun xD Rosie (Mom) was in a crate that she was to big for and she had to lay down. I held Clover (baby) in my lap. There were a few times I thought the crate would tip and I did get little sheep pellets all over me :hide....but they are now home safe and sound. Clover is such a little ham and she poses for pictures( even if she doesnt know it) It was so cute because she started eating hay that was meant for mom. I still miss Mammy, but this will help alot.

Stay tuned for pictures.. and oh Pass the popcorn! :p

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pictures... YAY!!!

P1030078.JPG She is such a ham :love:love
P1030053.JPG The first meeting and all the excitment is about food:rolleyes:
P1030057.JPG I love this :D
P1030070.JPG She knows shes cute and takes advantage of it:love

Attachments

• P1030063.JPG
    P1030063.JPG