A little goat management brag.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think a brag is in order here. Not because this is such a beautiful doe. But, rather because she is 10 years old due soon for her 9th freshening and still looks like a million bucks.
We must be doing something right. Or, maybe it's just something in the water. ;)

20200808_154440.jpg

20200808_154423.jpg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you are still showing her! Or rather will be when goat shows escape quarantine.

There is a reason why attachments are 50% of the dairy scorecard! That is why I try to explain to new owners that correct conformation is so important. The show scorecard is NOT just a beauty show. Each requirement is for a specific reason - and in this case the result of those high scores is standing on your lawn!

Congratulations on a gorgeous doe. Her daughters are probably just as nice too. Kudos! :clap

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I hope you are still showing her! Or rather will be when goat shows escape quarantine.

There is a reason why attachments are 50% of the dairy scorecard! That is why I try to explain to new owners that correct conformation is so important. The show scorecard is NOT just a beauty show. Each requirement is for a specific reason - and in this case the result of those high scores is standing on your lawn!

Congratulations on a gorgeous doe. Her daughters are probably just as nice too. Kudos! :clap

She's 10 now , but she appraised 92 EEEE as an 8 year old and was 3rd placed aged doe with 1st place udder at the ADGA National Show that year. She was dry all last year, and we haven't had any goat shows this year. There is going to be a youth show at the NC State Fair and we may show her. One of her daughters also appraised 92 EEEE and is a finished champion too. The bad thing is her daughter was dry that year and didn't go to the National Show. I think they would have been very competitive in dam and daughter.