A little goat management brag.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember when I first started on here, reading alot about your showing and Zamia and all. It was kinda a nice "stroll down memory lane" to read this and realize that you all are still doing goats and that she is still doing well for you. I am still not a "goat person" but I do enjoy reading about all of you folks that have good goats and do your best to produce healthy and nicely built animals. I have nothing against the "family goat" just like a family cow.... not perfect... but perfect for the job. I have a bunch of "family cows" .... but you have to have good goats, and be able to consistently breed them and produce offspring that carry on those good traits. It makes more "good" family animals available down the road.

Last edited:

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
personally i think its something in the water... has nothing to do with the care and management of the herd:lol:. i can't believe how time has flown by and that zamia is 10 years old. and WHAT??? you know the rules where are the baby pictures?

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess who was Best in Show, and Best Udder in Show at the NC State Fair ?
That's right, the old girl still has it.
FYI, there was no Fair, but the Dept of Ag put on all of the Youth Livestock Shows.

Climate Control was Grand Champion Toggenburg. Judge said it was between her and Zamia for BIS, but she went with Zamia.

We had best dairy herd as well with a mixed breed line up.

FB_IMG_1603760795100.jpg

FB_IMG_1603760813087.jpg

FB_IMG_1603760865387.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a testament to your care of your goats, the outstanding breeding program and give the ol' gal a big hug! Way to go!

Latest posts