A Little Help With Goat Dewormers

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
That sounds so cool!! I have a scope, but it a pretty cheap one and I can't find parts for it. One of the lenses broke. I will definitely be getting a new one. Now I just need someone to teach me. This could really come in handy with Baby (or special needs goat) when his feet problems flare up... I could do my own research and try to find some answers!! Not only our goats, but with our rabbits, chickens, and turkeys as well :)

I'm jealous. I need a friend like this who lives close by and can teach me this wisdom!!

You will need a compound scope with a mechanical stage.
Also the McMasters Slides.
I think I listed recommended scope and slides under one of my articles... pretty sure.
I like Chalix for my slides/beakers. They will last forever. :)

There may be those around you that teach.

Kaye

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Or I can just ask all my crazy questions here if no one teaches. Lol
As soon as payday gets here I will be buying a new scope!!!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Southern did a three part article series here on the site about this very subject. At the top of the page, click the tab "Articles" and you sould be able to find them straight away. If there isn't sufficient info there to help you, combine it with internet searches/You Tube searches and you'll be a pro in no time at all. You might also ask a few friends if they know any Vet techs who might be willing to teach/help you learn.

madelynmccabe

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info guys!! I called my vet a couple months ago to do vaccines but he didn't have the medication. He just called a few days ago to tell me he has them. So I'm just going to let him worm them and do their CD&T shot. This will be happening on Monday and I'm sure there will be two screaming, unhappy goats:lol:!

Latest posts