A new Contest..Next contest is postponed..probably till May

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! :weee

I got the most awesome surprise package in the mail today! Tickled to death with the prize(s) that Greybeard picked for me!

I got:
a metal crank type cheese grater
a pencil
a cookie press
some shoulder length obstetrical gloves
some work gloves
a really cool delivery date wheel...it works for dogs, sheep, horses, cows, and deer
(you point an arrow towards a breeding date and then you check the wheel for the delivery dates)
a really COOL sack!(I would call it a flour sack, but it didn't hold flour it held seed corn)
flower seeds
a cooling towel
a pop/beer can insulator
and a timer/feed slinger thingy - like goes on a deer feeder? Tell me if I'm right @greybeard. I had one that I used as a chicken feeder and it stopped working. Now I can fix up another one!

Thank you so much for such a wonderful surprise package!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry it was late getting mailed. Doctor visits and hospital stays have kept me running.

That's not just any 'pencil'. It's a 45 year old brand new never been used or sharpened Humble Oil and Refining Co pencil. (Humble got bought up by Standard oil in '59 and in 1973, they changed the name to Exxon) I meant to package it, the belt buckle and the severed arm coozie separately in it's own ziplock..'for the Texas in you'.. but didn't.
The coozie came from Goliad.
http://www.texasflagpark.com/texas-flags/goliad-flag-severed-arm-bloody-sword-1836/

The cookie press/cake decorator thing is about 40 years old. I still had the box and the instructions but they were falling apart. I don't remember ever using it...and don't remember how I came to have it. my wife does not bake. All the inserts are there tho.

Yes the 'timer feeder slingy thingie' is the working part of a deer feeder. USPS wouldn't allow me to send the rechargable batteries I had with it. I had intended to make a fish feeder out of it, but after last year's flood I decided it was a moot idea and I already have a deer feeder here.
ronco.jpg

:D
You are missing a package. It wouldn't all fit in the box so I sent the rest in a large white USPS Redi-Post padded envelope, mailed the same time as the cardboard box. It's contents are pretty much utilitarian..things to use or to give to someone that can.
Hopefully tomorrow it will arrive.

If you and your other/better half ever get over this way, feel free to drop by.
(I'm old school...)
Same goes for anyone else here.
333 albrightmap.jpg

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so glad you told me about the pencil! I just went and grabbed it for a closer inspection. The lettering on it is white and neither my husband or I noticed it previously. (old eyes) DH is a history lover so he's trying to stake his claim, lol.

My dining room has a rooster theme, so the Crow Seed bag just might end up framed in a shadow box in the dining room.

The cookie press is way cool! I have an idea that my granddaughter may expect to inherit that someday. She's a budding chef and is already interested in kitchen collectibles.

We used to be up that way fairly frequently when DH's mom lived in Livingston. We've moved her down here so we don't travel those roads often anymore. But ya never know... I can imagine you and he could have some awesome conversations.

I'll keep an eye out for the other package. Thanks again!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is the cookie press like this?
91ZJEepssXL._SL1500_.jpg

DW's mother had one, the screw handle "stripped" after a ton of years, FIL tried but couldn't fix it. DW was able to find another online a bit over a year ago. MIL's also has a "mini" press for decorating. She's keeping that for now but I suspect DW will get it eventually.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very similar, tho the inside was blue and the arrangement of the discs were in a long 'L'.
It's a Mirro brand.
The price and label are still on the box. It came from Fedmart, which was a chain of membership stores which began/started in the late 50s and closed in '82. Not sure when it was purchased but the price tag says the press cost the princely sum of
.$1.85.
:th

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ditto!

AND - I got the other package today! It was full of a whole bunch of electric fence insulators for t-posts...at least I think they're for t-posts. And a gate handle! Funny thing - I was just about to build Cowboy a bachelor pad for when the gals are in season - I think they'll work perfectly!!

Thanks again @greybeard!