A new Contest..Next contest is postponed..probably till May

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Over the next few months, I will be facilitating a series of contests here at BYH.
Each will result in one winner, and there will be a physical prize awarded.

I will ask a question, which even I don't know the answer to yet. In other words, you will have to make a guess, sometimes a numerical guess. It will not be something that you can look up on the internet, because the event has not yet happened or been completed at the time the question is posed. Because of that, there will be a cutoff time and date beyond which entries will not be accepted.
The entry closest to the actual answer will win. In the case of nemerical entries, the closest without "going over' will be the winner. (this minimizes the chance of a tie)
There are a few rules involved.
1. Each registered member can enter only once in each contest.

2. Think hard about your answer before submitting them. Please do not edit your entry, it is too difficult to keep up with entries if they frequently change.

3. Because of international tariffs, duties, taxes, inspections and other laws and statutes etc, I unfortunately have to limit entries to USA addresses. (Entry IS tho, open to Hawaii and Alaska)

4. To get your prize, I will need the winner to PM me via BYH's 'conversations' function, a shipping/mailing address. I do not do Email, FB, twitter or any other social media. If you are uncomfortable sharing a mailing address, please do not enter. This information will not be shared with anyone other than USPS/FedEx/UPS and then only because it has to be on the package. Do NOT send me personal information upon entry--send it only if you are the announced winner.

Prizes. They are yours to do with as you wish. Most will be herding or agriculture related. Use it, trade it, trash it, give it away, sell it..I'll never ask. They will each have 'some' value, but will most likely, never be cash. Some will be new, tho some prizes may be used but serviceable. Occasionally, it may be a gift certificate redeemable in the winner's area. When the winner is announced, I will not divulge what the prize was...I will leave that up to the winner to do in the same thread the contest entries are submitted. (everyone likes a mystery)
Let's get started:

#1 - On December 15, 2017 at 11pm CST how many messages (posts) will BYH stats show?
Cutoff date/time for entries is Dec 10, 11pmCST!!!

Closest entry without going over, wins.
Good luck!

Contest #2 HERE

(contest has been approved by BYH admin)

Last edited by a moderator:

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
For anyone that hasn't seen where to view BYH statistics, it can be seen on the main menu page to the right of the forum
section headers.
byh statistics.jpg