A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi and sorry Ridge ,I thought it was Jan in Shadow hillls.Anyway I am glad some of you made it and enjoyed it. I want to when I can listen to the previous programs on the podcast to access the changes over time...T.O.R.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not to worry - I listened to it today, :D =D unless the one about the fellow talking about planting trees for shelter and windbreaks was from another session. Very enjoyable and made me wonder if when it rains torrentially here if we should let the sheep out anyway so they can find shelter under the trees on the property instead of trying to rig up a tarp in the night corral. The shelter we have in there is too small, and we are supposed to have another bad storm coming down from the north starting tomorrow evening.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi Ridge, that was todays broadcast but the subject is huge and that is why I will have him back again later in the year.The thing I liked about Richard is that he has a pragmatic approach to re vegatation unlike some elements who believe that plants shoulld only be Native and Local. The idea that sheep will seek out shelter(if available) is quite apparant when you have woodland shelter in a grazing paddock, they will move early towards shelter and I use this movement to access how long it will be before the bad weather arrives.I recall one year our sheep were lambing when a snow storm arrived but the sheep were well into the bush early, taking their new lambs with them and we recorded no lamb losses from the event.

My next broadcast Mar 7 (our time) will feature a lady who set up and organised the local village community gardens a free space where villagers can take and teach their children about growing food .T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, here is the latest photo of Megs babys, next Tuesday will be the next radio broadcast with post a reminder Monday (our time ,Sunday yours).T,O,r.

Attachments

• DSCN6462.JPG
    DSCN6462.JPG
    293.2 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN6463.JPG
    DSCN6463.JPG
    324.5 KB · Views: 28

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day MH, the yellow /light tan one is showing the true Dingo resesive gene carried in the female line.

Hi Bay ,thanks ,she is a wonderful mum,BTW. I PMed you did you get it?

T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi Bay, would you be interested in Mar 21st for an on air interview if I can set it up,had not heard back for Farmer Jan. Most likely my fault (you know how it is with me and technolgy.lol )

So tomorrow our time 10.am EADST is the next broadcast,sometime Monday your time,maybe check your local against ours.I will try to give you all a shout out at the start of the show. maybe message me and I will give you my phone number? ...T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It looks like it will be 5 PM today, Monday February sixth. Central Standard Time
I found Braidwood 89.9 FM

I can use my phone. So I get on about 10 minutes before the show and there will be your listing coming up and I just click on listen?

@Finnie have you done this?