A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day, i posted this on one of our other sites and thought you folks may have an opinion (BTW ,Bay did comment on the original post),but i am interested in if any of you think there was anything "wrong" in the language i used in the text?

This is a tale of "lust and raging hormones",those of you who have added this site will know of our kelpie dogs and some of their stories.Tina our youngest and is just starting out recently had her first cycle ,we thought we had it under "control",but you know what teenage girls are "like"?So now we have two "gorgeous male pups",one a very light Tan and one solid Red.I will post a pic once their eyes are open.They are both going to become available at about 8 weeks of age.You can PM me if you have an interest.....For more dogie adventures go to ....SHEEP Farmer
SHEEP Farmer
Community · 304 Likes
995095_490017554414600_1594927621_n.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Define "wrong". There are some things I would change to make it more readable (at least to me).
Modified:
This is a tale of "lust and raging hormones". Those of you who have added this site will know of our kelpie dogs and some of their stories. Tina is our youngest and is just starting out, she recently had her first cycle. We thought we had it under "control", but you know what teenage girls are "like". So now we have two "gorgeous male pups", one a very light Tan and one solid Red. I will post a pic once their eyes are open. They are both going to become available at about 8 weeks of age.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
T.O.R. posted that on his Facebook page and was told it was offensive. Just knock me gobsmacked, I sure don't see anything to get offended about. We talk about our animals, that includes breeding. Sometimes that includes "oops" breeding, they sure can be sneaky. I don't see anything offensive about this post. Anybody?

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Could be the use of the words "lust" and the reference to what teenage girls are like, which is a generalization and not very flattering to that age or gender.

It didn't set off any negative feelings in me, but lots of folks looking for offense out there nowadays.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so "sorry" i did not mean to cause "angst" within the group.The post was a "light heart' ed " response to the situation we were faced with.It was the opportunity for a little"humor" when facing this ongoing "dry ' and the daily tasks of "carting feed and water " to the sheep and the other duties i now face day to day.....Needless to say i will not attempt it again...T.O.R.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You didn’t bother anyone here. No need to tiptoe on eggshells. We aren’t wearing our tender feelings on our shirt sleeve, hoping someone will offend us so we can make a big deal out of it. We like you just the way you are.