- May 7, 2013
- Reaction score
Tough times you're facing right now. Hope the fire stays away and that you and yours stay safe!
praying for you allG'day folks,It would appear we have survived the worst possible conditions today.The predicted s/e change came through at about 6.45 pm with winds about 60/80 kms per hour.At present we have smoke from the fires N/E of us but "no " ash or burning debris.We have two trailers each with 1000 lts to contain spot fires if they start,but we should be OK tonight and tomorrow promises to be calmer.All of the flock are around the house with adequate feed and water...More updates as things change ...Thank you all for your messages and prayers for our safety and well being.....Frank and Jenny.
We had a daughter out yesterday and she is coming back tomorrow for a few days,Our grandson came this morning to drop off a small generator to run a pump for the trailers,and while he was here helped me feed the sheep for today ,before he returned to his house as a fire was threatening it.It was 42 c today and on one water trough the sheep drank over 2000 lts ,a nearby neighbor has offered me 24000 lts from his house tanks if we need it,hopefully we get some of the forecast rain in the next few days......T.O.R. and Jenny.
P.S. will post a few photos tomorrow (hopefully).