A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is a long shot but I was half listening to the BBC, half sleeping Sunday morning. There was something on about someone in Australia teaching people about land management and improvement, rotational grazing stuff *I THINK! (because I was half asleep)*
Would that be you or just a coincidence?

I wish.... the BBC, down here there are lots of "experts" ,teaching people about these things with a varying amount of success.Most are academic's who sell there stuff ,ideas and experience.Still yet to hear how I went ! but I was told that in the new year every fortnight or so he will do it again as we only touched on the surface of what our program is all about...T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks and a Happy New Year to you all.

Since my last post we have had an extended period of cool wet days and apart from carrying out some more weed control its all been pretty quiet.

So I guess its time for a few photos?....This shot of Sam and Meg is one I like!
The other is from Sunday Chat ,which is something I recently started on FB Painted sheep and its a look back over the week on the farm and items I think are of interest to the group. (BTW, the group is now 580 strong) Included in SC is "the boys baking club",where i post photos of my efforts and encourage to try ,only one rule you must start with an ALDI packet cake mix. This one will be posted tomorrow in this weeks chat.Its a Coconut Butter Cake with a Lime frosting.By starting with a packet mix everyone is equal and then it is up to their skill and imagination.

Our pastures are going from strength to strength ,with many of the grasses setting seed in the next few days they are forecasting some warmer weather (28/30 c) which will hasten the process somewhat.The district is being flooded with Saffron Thistle this year and most farmers just seem to be ignoring it a decision I think will come back to haunt them in coming years.

Anyway ,hope you all enjoy the photos...T.O.R.

Attachments

• Jan10 002.JPG
    Jan10 002.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Jan10 002.JPG
    Jan10 002.JPG
    271.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Jan10 004.JPG
    Jan10 004.JPG
    271.1 KB · Views: 60
  • Jan10 005.JPG
    Jan10 005.JPG
    264.8 KB · Views: 63

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the picture of Sam and Meg. Boys cake baking club, eh? Looks like you are doing rather well at that. No matter what a cake looks like, they taste good!

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
Love the picture of Sam and Meg. Boys cake baking club, eh? Looks like you are doing rather well at that. No matter what a cake looks like, they taste good!
Thank you Bay, The FB group is made up of over 75% female and so to encourage the "boys" to participate I thought this was one way .Our support nurse who comes to the farm once each week says that when the local show/fair resumes i must enter the boys only cake cooking section...T.O.R.