A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well that explains it. I used to buy the Sheep magazine at Tractor Supply but haven’t been able to find it.

What border is your ram waiting on to cross?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wish we could import sheep like that. They sound beautiful.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe the US is less strict on it's import of live animals than Australia is. I bet some of the big game farms in TX have permits to be able to bring them in for you.
Some countries are blocked because of foot and mouth disease. Only way to bring in new breeds from those countries is sperm for AI and a breed up program.

Kusanar

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Some countries are blocked because of foot and mouth disease. Only way to bring in new breeds from those countries is sperm for AI and a breed up program.
Ahh, fun. I wonder if you could do embryo transfer with frozen embryos. I mean, it would be (VERY) expensive, but I would imagine it would be possible.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day, there have been Awassi's imported in embro form from Australia.Once on the ground they sell for between $2/3 000 ea in the USA..I have a friend in Southern Europe who is setting up a program to export exotic sheep breeds into the EU and the US.I will keeop you all informed as to how things are going into the future.

First radio broadcast yeterday,I was a little nervous before it began,but when the console guy pointed at me I just opened my month and the words "just fell out". I have been told it went really well and I posted some "stuff" on the stations FB page and the station manager shared it to all his friends and group....The topic for next month is P & L,or how to avoid "your farming dream from becoming a finical nightmare?"...Looking forward to some feedback on the show...T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, I have a question .I have a friend in Europe who wishes to aquire super elite genetics of Katahdins.Can you suggest any breeders you would recomend?...T.O.R.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mike CHS

I don't know how easy it is to export to other countries/continents. And there might be a requirement to define "super elite".

Latest posts