A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
TOR is on and thank you for the shout out.
Yes, eggs should be stored point down. The air cell is in the top of the round end... they will last longer as the air cell does not try to follow the natural movement of "rising" that will happen when the air cell is on the bottom. The top of the egg where the air cell is also seems to breathe a little better than the rest of the egg shell where the fluid is against the sides. I don't know if anyone has ever studied that...

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you FJ for the mention both here and on your own thread....The program is repeated on the 3rd Tuesday at 10.00an AEDST....I am hopeful that from next Feb it will become live each 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the monthat least for a trial at least...T.O.R.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
So the show you just did will be repeated on Mon the 19th at 6 PM here, Tuesday the 20th in AUS? I'll make a note in my calendar.

DW and DD2 think they should have dinner at 6 PM daily. Except when DW works late at the PO which has been a lot lately since her office doesn't have a regular carrier. So I may be listening while we eat or while I'm making dinner but I'll give it my best shot.

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had an alarm set on my phone to try to check the link on Monday at 5:50 pm (to give me time to find it.) I think I was out locking up chickens and missed the alarm. ☹️ I am going to set the next one earlier, so I will know I have to lock the chickens up faster and get back in.

@Bruce I also try to have dinner ready at 6:00, but rarely do I ever make that target. Especially with dark coinciding with cooking time. Lately I just don’t bother even starting until after lockup is done. If I plan something quick. More lengthy stuff gets started around 4:30, and then gets put on pause when I judge that it’s dark enough for the chickens to be inside their coops.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah the early dark really sets my brain aside as it relates to when I should be doing something.

It is raining and dark today. I went out at 2:45 to give the chickens and alpacas their afternoon food. The auto door on the chickens' coop stall was already closed (it is on a photo cell). I leave the people door open all day so they still had access. But 5 of the girls were out behind the barn in the "kind of raining" rain when I went down.

By now likely they are all where they think they should be for the night even though sunset is officially at 4:11 today. Usually that means Gretel is on the ladder in the feed room and Hera is on the alpaca stand. Hera will NOT be carried but she knows that when I come in to do a beak count and close up, she needs to go into the coop. Sometimes Nyx and Inej are with her, they get down on their own as well. Gretel will step back on my hand then step onto the roost when we get in the coop.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Finnie ; are you on eastern time or central time? If eastern, then yes, 6 p.m.... but if central then it would 5 p.m. for you. I just went on the computer and typed in 88.9 FM. braidwood aus and it came right up. Takes my computer a bit as it is older and slow... but when it comes up, you just hit the listen arrow or the listen live arrow... and it worked like a charm.
If I am not working Monday eve 19th, I am going to try to listen to it again since I did miss a little of the end of it. It is just a homey farm program....

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Finnie ; are you on eastern time or central time? If eastern, then yes, 6 p.m.... but if central then it would 5 p.m. for you. I just went on the computer and typed in 88.9 FM. braidwood aus and it came right up. Takes my computer a bit as it is older and slow... but when it comes up, you just hit the listen arrow or the listen live arrow... and it worked like a charm.
If I am not working Monday eve 19th, I am going to try to listen to it again since I did miss a little of the end of it. It is just a homey farm program....
Eastern, so I will try to tune in at 6. I will type in how you said. Thank you!