A NEW DIRECTION FOR THE OLD RAM

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so sorry that you are/were alone. I spent my Thanksgiving holiday sitting here by myself. Lousy way to spend a holiday that’s about family and togetherness. I hope your Christmas Day is better for both you and your beloved Jenny.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is terrible for us when those with dementia don't recognize us any more. Othe other hand, Jenny had such a difficult time adjusting to the facility that perhaps it is a blessing for her. :(

I am so sorry you were alone on Christmas. The good news about the quality of the lambs you are producing is great. Your breeding program is paying off in producing the type of lambs you were trying for.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
G'day folks, just a "heads up", in a little over 2 hours "our farm" will be broadcast (AEDST) on 88.9 Braidwood FM and it is "streamed" live on the NET.I hope some of the group will be able to join me.If you are can you txt me on fegan@live.com.au I will give you a shout out......T.O.R.

The Old Ram-Australia

Herd Master
Reaction score
JANET (JENNY ) EGAN…..1944…2023.

“A LOVER, A MOTHER, A WIFE and a FRIEND”.

I guess it was written that we were destined to meet and spend our lives together’

Born in the same hospital two years apart, the same sister signed our birth certificates. Both our families were in the same re-settlement camp awaiting new housing. We were just one suburb apart in our teens, attended the same primary school, travelled to the same high school, and were finally connected by her brother and my sister and from that day forwarded were never parted and so it was for 60 years.

Married at Paramatta Registry Office and with her savings purchased our first block of land and built our first house. Three children later we found our first farm, sold our first house, and built another. Purchased our second farm, sold the first one and built our third house.

Our children all grew up and moved out and it was then we purchased our next farm in the Braidwood district. For a few years we travelled each weekend to this new farm and finally sold the second farm and moved into a little cottage about 30 km’s out of town. We soon became unhappy with the potential of the land and so we looked for and purchased our new farm and once again built our fourth house. Over a few years we added to the farm to the size it is now.

So, we could fund Jenny’s care we recently sold our third farm, but Jenny was having none of that, this strong and determined lady set her own path and so we are here today to wish her “goodbye”, but she will remain in our hearts forever................T,O.R, (Frank)

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
JANET (JENNY ) EGAN…..1944…2023.

“A LOVER, A MOTHER, A WIFE and a FRIEND”.

I guess it was written that we were destined to meet and spend our lives together’

Born in the same hospital two years apart, the same sister signed our birth certificates. Both our families were in the same re-settlement camp awaiting new housing. We were just one suburb apart in our teens, attended the same primary school, travelled to the same high school, and were finally connected by her brother and my sister and from that day forwarded were never parted and so it was for 60 years.

Married at Paramatta Registry Office and with her savings purchased our first block of land and built our first house. Three children later we found our first farm, sold our first house, and built another. Purchased our second farm, sold the first one and built our third house.

Our children all grew up and moved out and it was then we purchased our next farm in the Braidwood district. For a few years we travelled each weekend to this new farm and finally sold the second farm and moved into a little cottage about 30 km’s out of town. We soon became unhappy with the potential of the land and so we looked for and purchased our new farm and once again built our fourth house. Over a few years we added to the farm to the size it is now.

So, we could fund Jenny’s care we recently sold our third farm, but Jenny was having none of that, this strong and detirmed lady set her own path and so we are here today to wish her “goodbye”, but she will remain in our hearts forever................T,O.R, (Frank)
So sorry. Hugs.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frank; I am so sorry for your loss.... even though the last few years were difficult, you were the rock that never faltered in the worst of difficulties. Perhaps she somehow felt she was a burden for you when she was losing her cognitive clarity, and being separated after so many wonderful years together, she asked for a way to make it less difficult for you both.
I know in my heart she is looking down and has her full mind and is guiding you in the way she did when she was here working by your side.
My deepest sympathies to your daughters also.

Last edited: