A new dog

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wire now...
20210211_160731.jpg

Bought an e-collar as a last ditch effort, if the ball fails. She's so strongly glued to the rams. Nothing works to keep her away from her boys any longer. Lol.
I have no idea if she'll love the ewes the same or be a ram only protector....May need another pup to train onto ewes as well...lol. ugh.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Patience. That and lots of hands on. I think you are doing a great job of training. These dogs can be so frustrating, then one day, it’s like flipping a light switch. All of a sudden they get it and you look like a brilliant dog trainer. LOL LOL

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah...the tire drag I put on Blue lasted one night~and that had chain and a metal clip, not a wire...we still haven't found it. Now, that ball looks interesting...at least they don't have to drag it. I'll have to look into one of those.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah...the tire drag I put on Blue lasted one night~and that had chain and a metal clip, not a wire...we still haven't found it. Now, that ball looks interesting...at least they don't have to drag it. I'll have to look into one of those.

I have an old chain choke collar somewhere that I'll try to hang the ball with next.

Balls are horse jolly balls. Horses didn't play with them, LGDs rarely bother & housedog is too old n small. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have an old chain choke collar somewhere that I'll try to hang the ball with next.

Balls are horse jolly balls. Horses didn't play with them, LGDs rarely bother & housedog is too old n small. 🤷🏽‍♀️
I'm be afraid he would jump something and that ball would catch and the choke chain would choke.

Latest posts