A new dog

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Does she have a preference for a different group of sheep?
No, she goes to the gate I leave out of, waits awhile, then goes to lay in the shade. She went to the other dog the last time she escaped, but that was just a pitstop, went through 2 more fences to be in the backyard and wait for me. Every time she escapes, so goes to that yard, closest to the house, and waits. Or rather, she cannot further escaped and thus waits. She better not find a way out of that yard into the road. Somehow, she's more interested in me than anything else. 😑
They're all too people oriented, drives me mad.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
She hit the fence and went crying on Tuesday, but soon got brave and risked it again. Got out.
Today, tossed her in & got it on video.
Put in two spikes, moved hot wire to better match the ground & now I wait to see if she gets out again.

Since hot wire alone won't stop her, I have a huge problem! All of the winter grazing fencing is off the ground, there's gaps everywhere. How TF am I supposed to cover it all just to keep her in?

Dang dogs...Maybe I should find some coyote-killing llamas instead...

20210610_144013.jpg
Screenshot_20210610-151157_Video Player.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is one determined dog!! Somehow she needs to bond with her sheep so she WANTS to stay with them.
I can see why you are so frustrated, hard to keep a dog in if there is only hotwire and it is really expensive to put up permanent woven wire fence.