A new dog

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is one determined dog!! Somehow she needs to bond with her sheep so she WANTS to stay with them.
I can see why you are so frustrated, hard to keep a dog in if there is only hotwire and it is really expensive to put up permanent woven wire fence.

No, there is woven fence.
Added hot wire on top and bottom.
Adding hot wire around all of the bottom in the 20acres will suck and need its own dedicated energizer and I'll have to constantly mow the line. Or find something else to fill the gaps.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah those gaps at the bottom are a real pain to deal with. You'll get this figured out!!

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Went back out, as radar shows most of it and worst should be over.
Fuse blew up, of course.
Metal cap was stuck inside, luckily, found a thin, long needle and jabbed at it over n over. Eventually, it popped out!
Then put in new fuse, plugged it in...

It works!
*phew!*

Now to hope no other strikes fry it...

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is one determined dog!! Somehow she needs to bond with her sheep so she WANTS to stay with them.
I can see why you are so frustrated, hard to keep a dog in if there is only hotwire and it is really expensive to put up permanent woven wire fence.
She used to be bonded to the rams, idk wtf happened.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I blew 3 of the .5A fuses on the input side of my charger (it came with 2 spares). I don't know why they blow, doesn't seem to be related to anything specific. I've had the charger 3 years I think. Never knew it would be hard to find those fuses, none at the hardware store or the auto parts store. Of course Amazon had them.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
I blew 3 of the .5A fuses on the input side of my charger (it came with 2 spares). I don't know why they blow, doesn't seem to be related to anything specific. I've had the charger 3 years I think. Never knew it would be hard to find those fuses, none at the hardware store or the auto parts store. Of course Amazon had them.
I've blown a dozen of them so far, better than the unit frying completely. That happened last year. Had to ship it in to be fixed, was still under warranty.
Yep, Amazon was the only place I could find mine or the guy who repairs energizers.

Ugh, just heard more lightening.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you saying that you have low places where she can wiggle under the fence? I had a few dips in the ground where it was impossible to get the fence down to ground level, so we laid concrete bags on both sides to fill the gaps.

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are you saying that you have low places where she can wiggle under the fence? I had a few dips in the ground where it was impossible to get the fence down to ground level, so we laid concrete bags on both sides to fill the gaps.
In the 20 acres, yeah or the fence wasn't put low enough, even though I specifically told him to and mentioned dogs going under. I used old wood posts on some areas, but there's too many.

Latest posts