? about milk replacer

nana_4708

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We have a half of a bag of Dumor Supreme Calf replacer left over and I want to know if I can use it with baby goats?
I hope to have babys in a month and if the does does not take care of it could i use that .I pray she will take great care of the baby but if not I will have it .

kimmyh

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Everyone I have known who used the replacer had some kind of issue with their babies. I would top dress the doe grain with what you have left, it can really help them. Also if you read the label, very few of the supplements have actual milk in them, most are chemical concoctions that can work in cattle, but not as well in goats.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I prefer not to start babies w/ replacer, especially if it's not formulated for goats specifically.
They make great goat replacers that I hear good things about, but since I've had good luck w/ whole (cow's) milk I stay w/ what's working for me.
*If* you want to hang on to it to keep it from going to waste, I'd wait until the kid is at least a month old and mix it in (gradually) w/ either goat milk replacer or whole cow's milk, half n half.
Watch for scours from the diet change, but as long as the poo stays firm, you're probably ok.