1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Baymule’s 4th Lambing. - Discussion thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Acepromazine for Potbelly pig hoof trim?

Discussion in 'Everything Else Pigs' started by Ellie May, Jul 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Jul 18, 2018
    Ellie May

Ellie May Chillin' with the herd

In the past I have trimmed my pigs hooves, using the "pig anesthetizing" technique I found on Youtube (belly rubs and gentle foot handling, worked great!) but he's gotten crankier lately, maybe because last time I did have my blacksmith do it. That was pretty traumatic for him, as he had to be flipped and of course screamed like he was being slaughtered. Anyway, he's not too fond of the idea now and am wondering if anyone has any experience with using Ace on pigs, dosage etc. Would be given orally, not injected.

2. Aug 6, 2018
    Hlail

Hlail Exploring the pasture

Are you familiar with pigs? Well specifically pregnant pigs? If so I have a question for you pertaining my “pregnant pig”.