Loving the herd life
Reaction score
IMG_1222.JPG

One of the bucklings on my lap :)

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We have new babies.
4/7/18 Millie (Nubian) had triplets. 2 does and a buck. One of the doelings was small, and while we tried everything, she ended up passing in my arms last night.
We still have Missy, the Alpine due...????? then nothing until June, and one in August.
Spotted is the buck (of course)...

006.JPG
015.JPG
017.JPG
021.JPG
022.JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
See, it's because you WANT spots that the buck ended up with them... Had you NOT wanted spots, the doe would have gotten them. :confused: Sorry you lost the one but grats on the 2 survivors.

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I don’t think I’ve seen a Nubian with the coloring of that doeling. I really like her. Sorry about the spots on the buck but IMO the Doeling is cuter. Hate that you lost one!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Exactly, though "no good horse is a bad color" but that wild color did throw me for a loop. Dad isn't spotted, neither is Mom.
These guys are Kiko/Boer X Nubian, Millie was bred when I got her. That buckling might make someone a nice commercial buck or a show wether depending on how he turns out, or a really pretty pet, lol.

Back to the waiting game for Missy. That will be an interesting one, Boer x Alpine kids. She's been bagged up for about two week but not tight yet.

Then the real fun in June with 3 Nubians and 2 Boers all due within about 2 weeks, and finally Boer x Commercial Boer in August. I *should* get spots out of two the Nubian does due in June, they are both moonspotted and my Nubian bucks parents are spotted, but he isn't. No clue what I'll get out of the Nubian x Commercial Boer does this summer.

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Oh, and this is the mom to the two new babies. She's a big girl, this was taken a couple of days before she kidded, those are 5 ft horse panels behind her.

IMG_1322.JPG