ADGA National Show visitor questions

KBS

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
The ADGA Nationals are only about a two hour drive from us this year. We aren't interested in showing at this time but I was wondering if people came to just watch the show? We are not able to get any decent internet at the house, so watching the live stream is out. My 11yo owns the goats and currently shows them at the local fair, but I thought it would be good for him to see what it takes to get to the National show level. He is interested in going, but we don't want to be in the way. We were thinking of coming up on Sunday, June 24th to watch since that seems to be when most of the youth shows are. Would those be the best for him to watch? Anything I would need to bring? Any advice you could give would be great.

animalmom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've not been to a National, but I have gone as a visitor to local shows and have found that visitors are readily welcomed. Those showing goats are more than happy to answer questions or point you in a better direction.

Seems to me concentrating on the Youth Shows would be the thing for your son. He can talk to presenters of his age group and maybe even make some new friends.

Don't feel that you can't go if you are not showing. Go, see, talk, meet like minded folks!

Did I mention GO? Take your son and have a good time.... take lots of pictures and post them for the rest of us. We love pictures.

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don’t know if other people just go to watch, but we went when it was in Redmond, and will go again next year. It’s a good way to see a lot of great animals, and talk to their breeders, etc. I had a lot of fun.

KBS

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
That is what I was hoping to hear. If this is the path he wishes to travel, I think it would be a great experience for him. He had the first babies born last week with his farm name so he is excited.

Latest posts