Advertising Updates - Golden Herd Membership - GHM

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Hey all!

Over the last few years we've seen more and more site visitors move to browsing BYH on mobile devices. This comes with a lot of opportunities, but also challenges.

One of the challenges is related to advertising. The design of ads on BYH was mostly based around desktop users. As our expenses have gone up, we've unfortunately seen advertising revenue (that keeps BYH alive and FREE) decline.

This being the case, I'm working to update the design and layout of ads on the site. I don't like the idea of flooding the site with advertising, so I won't be adding any new ads... but I'll be moving some of the ads around to work better with mobile devices (and also even desktop / full-screen).

As always, our logged-in members get the benefit of fewer ads than site guests.

We also have the "Golden Herd Membership" that removes all ads from the site. This is a way for our members to support BYH and/or a way to disable ads without using an ad-blocker, etc.

You can upgrade to a GHM here: https://www.backyardherds.com/account/upgrades

As always, thanks for your awesome support of our amazing community!

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
One quick request:

We're testing out a new advertising partner. We've heard great things about the quality of the ads, so please provide any feedback you might have on the quality / relevance of ads... but more importantly, please report any ads you see that cause any problems, auto-play audio, etc.

Nifty

Herd Master
Administrator
Reaction score
Goodness, y'all are so quiet! Hopefully no-news-is-good-news ;)

... but seriously: If anybody sees any ads that are problematic (automatically play audio, popup, aren't appropriate, etc.) please take a screenshot and post it here!

Thanks!

Latest posts