Advice first time kidding

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I join the others in offering condolences. :hugs I really wish it would have turned out differently. So glad you've got a good vet now and wish you and Minnie the best of luck. Please keep us posted on her condition - she's got lots of folks pulling for her!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry it ended as it did. Hope your doe pulls through, a double loss would double the pain. Will she be able to breed again or is she done?

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m so sorry you are going through this. We went through something similar in Oct. The story is under our journal. On a more positive note, we had healthy triplets last week that only required help with being dried due to a temp in the 30s! :fl the rest of your kidding goes well!

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear. We had a stuck dead kid yesterday morning, same thing, single huge baby that couldn't make it's shoulders through - except it wasn't presented feet first. I was able to pull it, but jeez, it was depressing.
That said, glad you have a good vet you can use and rely on and saved your doe!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Gee whiz. Sounds to me like you did everything right. Congratulations are in order! Good job. A C-section isn't a tragedy unless you loose your doe. Hang in there with her. If she is young she could pull through just fine. Be vigilant and take extra special care of her.

And the kid survived so it's even better news!

Good luck! For a new goat-o-phile you are awesome!

Wehner Homestead

Herd Master
Reaction score
The story of ours is on the journal forum. I’ll keep from typing it out again since they story was written with every detail included.