Advice for lump on rabbit's foot?

Skye

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I posted about this on backyard herd's sister site, backyard chickens, although I'm looking for some more opinions as it's in an area I haven't ever dealt with.

So when I was grooming/trimming nails with my two pet rabbits today, I noticed my 5/6 yo harlequin rabbit doe (spayed) has a small lump on the bottom of her right hind foot. It's firm but not rock-hard. She does live on wire, but she has mats as a break and gets run-around time on the ground. Pumpkin, the rabbit, doesn't favor the foot or appear to be in pain. When I was messing with the bump earlier she did freak out twice (after I was feeling around it for a minute), but otherwise it doesn't bother her. There's no other lumps/bumps on her foot or leg.

I don't believe it's very serious, and probably something I can treat at home, but does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks!

I did some research but I don't really know what to do, other than popping it and making sure it keeps clean. But I don't want to jump to anything too quickly.

Pictures:
20200626_133741.jpg

20200626_133952.jpg

20200626_134007.jpg

Skye

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Looks like a callus or hair loss. I would watch but not worry about it.
Alright, thanks for the reply! I just wasn't certain if it was a callous because it's an actual lump, but I'll keep an eye on it for sure.

Latest posts