Advice on getting Started with Cattle

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
On the field#3 report, there are 2 examples. Do I just choose one to apply or is there other deciding factors in choosing one over the other?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
N is always expressed in raw elemental form. Nitrogen is Nitrogen, but P & K parts of a fertilize mix can come from a variety of products and byproducts and differe fertilize companies use different 'stuff' from which to get the p&K. Not all have the same 'available potash/available potassium' levels and 'solubility' properties, and not all are the same price per lb.
You choose by which is readily available or more affordable in your area.
It's possible that neither of the 2 recommendations for year 1,2,3 etc are available at your local supplier. You'll have to find the closest match.
Take the report with you when you go to your supplier and they will match what they have with what you need.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Latestarter you are more than welcome to discuss the cattle situation and "Getting Started" here.....my plans are on hold for the time being....and we can all learn together. It would be a great info thread for those that ask the question. Just because I may have started it, doesn't mean that another can't pick up the stick and run with it either....so, feel free to add to the info, all in a single spot......just a thought