Aggressive case of recurring ear mites!

Thatdaywewokeupasfarmers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
We have a rabbit who is about 8-10 months old. Ever since he reached maturity, he has had an incredibly aggressive case of ear mites! We have consistently used an oil-based medicated ointment called VetRX. The mites retreat for a few days, to a few weeks, and then they are back with a vengeance! Anybody have ideas on a more permanent solution? I just want to see the poor baby get some relief!

Last edited:

mikki717

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I had a doe with a crazy case of ear mites, and I treated on two levels. First, I mixed about an ounce of olive oil with a few drops of Permethrin. (The Permethrin is 13%) I placed a few drops in each ear. Secondly, I gave a pea size amount of Ivermectin paste orally.

The mites cleared up in just a few days.

None of the rest of my rabbits showed signs, but I treated with a bit of Ivermectin all around as a precaution.

Stephine

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Try “revolution “ - it’s a drip on from the vet, you put it at the back of the neck where they can’t reach to groom. It worked wonders on my rescue bunny.

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can get Revolution on petsuppliesnet.com. Its under the name stronghold on there. It takes about 10 days to get it but its way cheaper on there than the vets office and you dont need a prescription. I get my stuff there all the time.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any luck with the ear mites? I know this is an older post so I won't give my ideas unless you still haven't found a solution ? :)