Aggressive Wether (doe in heat)

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Again, take him to the auction. No need to put him down. I only put down animals that are dangerous, or have extreme health issues. Someone will have a use for him. I would buy a disbudded doeling to replace him Hopefully. the two does will get along (after some introduction issues) and you will not have any worries abut the buck's aggression. OR to be on the safe side, send both horned animals to the auction to be sold as group and purchase 2 disbudded doe kids (or 2 disbudded wethers but do not get one of each sex) for your children. They will have the pleasure of raising twin disbudded kids and you will not have the horn issue to deal with. We all live and learn through experience. Your choice as to what you will do. Hard decisions, but they often have to be made, to protect your children, livestock, or yourself.

You need to do what you feel is right.

breezy2u

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My wether got aggressive too and while he wasn't aggressive toward me specifically, there were a few times when he was going after another goat and I happened to be in the way. But I was able to fine someone who was willing to add them to their herd just by posting on craigs list. It was sad because I had him since he was 8 weeks old, but I couldn't risk him hurting me or my does.

SonRise Acres

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If an animal is aggressive to a human we do not keep them. We had a Pygmy buck become aggressive with us not long ago and we sold him. Sad because he was our best breeder. He was also gorgeous. I decided to sell him privately and was up front about why we were selling him. The people who bought him did so with full knowledge AND spoke with enough knowledge that I knew he was in good hands on all fronts. If I couldn’t do that I would have sold him at auction. I try not to put any healthy animal down unless it’s for our table.