AI'd my two cows last tues.

Azriel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I was expecting AI ing to be a big hassel, but for the most part all went smooth. We started the synchronizing process on the 3rd, they were both in standing heat the evening of the 12th and the AI tech was out bright and early the 13 to get them bred. Now 21 days to see if they come back in, I hope not and we can expect calves about the 22 of May. We went with Red Angus on the Black Baldy cow, and Jersey on the Brown Swiss/Shorthorn heifer.
They had both been going through the chute just fine when both my BF and I were there, but of course he had to work Tues so it was just me and the tech, both cows decided they was no way they were going in that chute. Ever try to push a 1200# cow? Let me tell you it doesn't work. I had my shoulder on her rump pushing, she's just standing there, lifts her tail a bit and lets me know just what she thoiught of that. I'm standing there with nice green runny poop from my shoulder to my knees. The tech, and very nice young man is trying his best not to laugh until I started laughing. We finally just tied her up and she stood just fine. Tried to get the heifer in the chute a couple of times and then just tied her up also.

violetsky888

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Yikes. Too bad you didn't have a camera rolling.