Alabama?

For the Love of Dirt

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Any rabbit or dairy goat shows coming up in Alabama? I never seem to be able to find anything on the www for Alabama, are we a dead zone or something?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Any rabbit or dairy goat shows coming up in Alabama? I never seem to be able to find anything on the www for Alabama, are we a dead zone or something?
Maybe you would need to go to the goat breed site to find shows or to the rabbit breed site.

CrissyCriss

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I haven’t heard of any yet In Alabama but they are usually one in spring and fall in Anniston Al for rabbits.let me ask my friends and find out for sure.

CrissyCriss

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
EE048D28-CD13-477A-A87D-8006E06E83B8.png
There is one In April.

For the Love of Dirt

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Maybe you would need to go to the goat breed site to find shows or to the rabbit breed site.

I've tried that for rabbits, it seems like everything I find is out of date and the sites have not been updated in a long time, and it seems especially so for breed specific ones for the breeds I'm interested in, and the national club sites never have anything for Alabama. As for dairy goats, it seems like Alabama is strong for Boer goats, and thats about it as far as shows I have been able to find. Even The Alabama state fair only had shows for boers, no dairy!

Heck, even when I look on the Livestock Conservancies Breeder directory and select all livestock and all products, put in my zipcode and look at up to 500 Miles away, there are only 4 results in Alabama, everything else is out of state. I've also been watching the ADGA's sanctioned shows list since Spring 2018 and haven't seen a single show pop up in AL.

Thanks @CrissyCriss, I will be checking that out!

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's got to be people in Alabama that show rabbits and goats!

HomesteaderWife

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
At the Alabama National Fair grounds (Garrett Coliseum) down in Montgomery, they occasionally have shows. Check their schedule online. I know the actual fair itself in October tends to have alot of shows and I always used to see rabbits\

edit: I saw that you had looked into the fair, but check the actual coliseum website to see if they have anything lined up?