Anybody remember these dinosaurs? After buying this thing years ago, it never was “used to it full potential” and has been residing under the house for over 20 years.
Now i finally have a use for it. Wednesdays are cleaning day in the Rabbitry and between the 4 different fans, they capture quite a bit of dander. A plain ole shop vac is pretty loud and the hose too short to reach it all.
Now i can do a better job without annoying the bunnies too much and reach all the top’s and sides of the cages as well!
Vivi la bunny Wabit!
Quite a while back i built a cerebral dislocation tool to dispatch bunnies. Nothing too revolutionary, i simply adopted the current technology and added my own twist to it. At the time folks asked how it worked and i had no answer for them as no bunnies had met they’re maker via, “the double lucky”.
That changed today during the culling of a year old buck. Nice enough rabbit, just got too many.
i discovered placing him in there facing me is the best way to go and im very confident this will work for the juniors when i start processing them in a couple weeks.
With just one rabbit to report on, i realize it may be way different next time but i believe this will be my go to in the future. No thrashing what so ever and very user friendly!
Couple big things happening in the rabbitry over the last few days.
The outer pen area is complete now. French drain for roof run off and seeded to mini clover in the small “yard”. i keep a variety of clover seed on the place for various reasons but have never grown the mini stuff. A no mow clover will keep both me and the bunnies peacable
Ever since my feed supplier had a “bobble” i’ve been working a more reliable source. i’m pretty firm on the Organic thing and just grin and bear the price, so i was quite pleased to have a local vendor start carrying this line AND save me $15.00 PER BAG along the way.
I’ll pick up my first order of 15 bags tomorrow or friday!
Being pretty new in the Rabbit game, im now at a point where i want to “re-structure the herd” for my long term goal. My senior buck will time out yet this year and im saving a very nice one from Miriams liter to replace him. Miriams Mercury should be service age by Christmas in time for the next breeding.
Both of the current doe’s were successfully bred this week so it will all begin again next month
In the next couple weeks, i’ll cull one doe; leaving me 2 young, proven bunnies to carry on.
After 6 months or so “in the business” i can see poop and rabbit meat will abound with 2 doe’s and a buck. No need to add extra expense or chore time to the project.
The rabbitry is configured to allow several additions so that i can save replacement‘s going forward without any hardship’s due to cage space!