Alasguns Hopper Haven Rabbitry (Alaska)

Alasgun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
And here’s Miriams “pile” of 7 At 2 weeks.
i haven't felt good about digging into Junes nest yet but they should be opening up and mobile in another couple days.

in the next week, i’ll get the outside cage and accessories mounted; at that point i’m done with all the intended “construction projects”.

Attachments

• 0AC25A5D-2410-4F56-8CD6-49BE9EB579B2.jpeg
    0AC25A5D-2410-4F56-8CD6-49BE9EB579B2.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 122

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are sooooo adorable!

Just catching up on your posts. The urine deal intrigues me .... Mouthwash? Really?:sick:sick

BUT I can say that areas in my pastures where animals have watered for me do show a difference in grass growth. That part isn't surprising, the bug control is. I can see how with the ammonia. Plus various strength from different animals. I love learning to use what we have on hand!!! Your have a collection system in place. I have goats and horses. 😁 Not as easy. But there was an entire industry of horse urine collections for hormones during pregnancy....long story, not acceptable for animals and offspring, overall.

Love those little bunnies.

Alasgun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I finished the foundation for the outdoor poop slide today. Got a couple coats of log oil on and it can set till Monday when i’ll put the remaining FRP panels in place and glass the seams.
I hope to have the cage hung and the wall penetrations open for business right after that!

Attachments

• 0A6C1AD5-7367-4024-9FE6-7F68AD2C7748.jpeg
    0A6C1AD5-7367-4024-9FE6-7F68AD2C7748.jpeg
    559.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 07101C97-83A6-4931-A761-18458A85A8D5.jpeg
    07101C97-83A6-4931-A761-18458A85A8D5.jpeg
    566.7 KB · Views: 208

Alasgun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Got a bit further along with the poop slide today, the overlay was epoxied to the ply- underlayment and the edging is done. made a nice gutter drain and got it cut in as well.
Had to build a hootch over the thing to keep everything above 60. Tomorrow i’ll do some final trim work and paint the joint seams. Cage hanging will be Thursday now.

Bunnies are excited to get outside and it will be nice to close out this project. I had no idea i’d spend this much time on it!

King of the hill, i guess?

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bunnies don't seem to have a concept of personal space. Bunny piles are quite common and sometimes hilarious as you try to figure out how on earth they are comfortable with the contortions they sometimes pile up in.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
All I can say is the rest of the bunny people better not show you super set up to their buns! Otherwise, a mass exodus or going on strike for improvements at home. :lol: 👍

Are you OCD? Or just retired with time to overfill? :old😁 Truly, that's a delight to see and watch as it develops. You've set the bar pretty high.

Alasgun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
@Mini Horses 😊, surely some OCD or something similar that came from working as a Machinist all those years. Cant leave well enough alone!

Retired too but always telling myself “ as you age, the projects need to get smaller”; which aint working out too well for me yet. I’ll get it figured out though.

Thanks for the kind words, it’s been a fun project BUT i am ready to be done with it. The garden / greenhouse need / take a lot of time also at this time of year and by evening im pretty well spent.

All the interior niceties were the result of nothing else going on at that time of year, anything to do with manure handling came about by looking at some of the more elaborate commercial setups and wanting to be as clean AND lazy as possible at some point. I’ll use every-bit of the waste and inside it only takes 20 min to do a good clean job, outside probably less because i’ll be able to use a hose out here.

Last edited: