Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you....

And the snow was fun WHEN IT WAS LIGHT, but it is now a blizzard... I am worried that I might have to plow... and so am feeling grumpy.

I already switched from my winter boots to my summer boots... put the big buckets of sand in the shed......

I am very grateful that the plow is still on the truck.... over 6 inches already and still a blizzard....

And my sink faucet hose sprung a leak... they didn't have one in town.... can't figure out how to patch it.... had to mail order a hose....

And my fancy new dishwasher stopped working.. under warranty, but I live in BFE so they are taking their sweet time trying to figure out how to replace it or fix it... (no one in town does warranty work on dishwashers)

-sigh-

Ok... nice pictures. :eek:

We are a week behind the rest of you'll this year... so this weekend was Lazarus Saturday and Palm Sunday for us.

20190421_114155.jpg
20190421_130343.jpg

Serious looking dude in white is my eldest.
20190421_102139.jpg

Procession around the church today...
20190421_130501.jpg

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I'm glad you're finally seeing spring up there.
they finally listed the property on fishcreek outside of Wasilla will see given the earthquake up there what happens.
Hang in there you're almost to June. If memory serves that's about the best part of the year.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
As I drove up the driveway today I looked about...way less snow!

Lots of ground showing, so we should be good.

We need to finish up school and get working on the chicken coops! Especially my runs...my fencing is in need of a huge amount of help.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
What always amazes me when the snow melts...is how much TRASH is out there! Just made the kids gather up one trash bag per kid.... not yet done. :eek:

And the stuff! Random socks, shovels, feed pans..... :th

One year when plowing I plowed up a snow boot. The kids only own 1 set per kid... how is the boot out in the snow? :idunno

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, for the third or so time we saw a pair of rings necked ducks on our pond...

(I know... bad pic. )
20190506_093501.jpg

So.... I looked them up on the internet... and then chunked the kids outside and told them to make a floating island. Now... today, chop, chop.

It will be interesting to see if they take to it... if not maybe the mallards will come back and nest on it. But I was thinking maybe we should also put up a mallard house.

The mallards have nested at our place in the past though.... so I don't think they need a house, except that there were some cool tube houses on the internet that I think we could easily put up on a T-post at the pond edge.