Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You only have ONE extension cord? :th
:lol:

I think we currently only have one long and working one...

We tend to brilliantly rip off the plug ends..

Ya know... plug in car... then drive off...

I -THINK- we are getting better at rolling them up, so that they don't get plowed...

But on our to-do list is to buy some plugs and wire them onto cords.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
From a few days back.... but I don't think I posted it.

20210217_181411.jpg

And.... (insert drum roll please) it yes, is snowing again today.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice photo, but YOU keep it! A week and half of that stuff is more than I wanted! It's melting now!!!! :weee :weee

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well... I looked up the cost of a snow blower that could hook onto the plow truck...

o_O

12 to 18 THOUSAND. so... as in... $12,000 to 18,000 plus of course the hook it up to the truck parts. :eek:

Well... NOT buying one of those.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The snowblowers that are made to go on a truck etc are very expensive. One of the reasons that most everyone has a plow and not a snowblower. My son runs the BIG snowblower truck for VDOT when they have situations where they need to use it....and they are complicated to run and very expensive to fix. They are invaluable in places where plowing is nearly impossible... but you have to have enough room for the snow to be blown onto.... or even sometimes they blow it into a dump truck like with a combine blows silage or grain into a truck.... They do get the snow "out away" from where it is... not like plowing and then there is no where to go with the snow if you keep getting alot.... One of the reasons you will see plows going back over roads that have been plowed, to move the snow back further from the edges of the road in anticipation of more to come.... once it gets too deep or the sides too high, you can't push it back so then the road inbetween the snow gets narrower and narrower.... That is why there are so many snow blowers out west where they normally get quite a bit of snow. You have to get it back "away" from the actual place you are removing the snow from so you have room to remove the next snowfall.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is always our issue... too much snow...

We used to have a functional tractor with a snow blower... we miss it.

But now I understand why... once the snow gets too deep, ... most of the people you can hire to push the snow further off the road use front loaders or bob cats... or some other tracked huge machine with a blade... only one or 2 people own huge blowers.